Overpopulation in the "Paradise" Earth!

by Leolaia 61 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Pole
    Pole
    You really think that's what will happen? I getting my act together and getting reinstated! Possibilities of space travel and repopulating excercises! I can't miss that!

Now you know my biggest motivation for becoming a witness. Neverending intergalactic repopulating exercises...

It would be interesting to hear other people's New World sexual fantasies dreams. Ok, I'd better stop now...

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes

What if there are already people on those other worlds. I mean peple all that space can't be for nothing, but um what if all the prime realestate is taken. Also women loose the ability to concive in about 50 years. Won't there be sex after 50? Considering the women will be pefect it would be really hard for guys to swoon them. 50 years may just be first base for most guys.

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

XQ,

don't you get tired of trolling here and talking to yourself with multiple ID's on one thread.

• V
    V

Just marking this thread...good stuff.

• Dagney
    Dagney

Bump.

Great info Leo. I wondered about this exact thing. Thank you as always for your research and commentary.

• Albert Einstein
    Albert Einstein

XQ: hey there are ways to have sex and not get pregnant

XQ, just dont forget, even as a perfect person you are not allowed to perform "disgusting" sexual practices like oral sex!! Please beware!! Otherwise you you will face NWJC (New World Judicial Committee)!!!

Albert

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Great! Ya expect "Paradise" and you end up in a "Watchtower" highrise! .....Kingdom songs elevator music to the 40th floor!

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Leo linked this in another thread, so I checked an old reference in Studies in the Scriptures, vol. 1.

On page 99, Russell writes, "It is estimated that about one hundred and forty-three billions of human beings have lived on the earth in the six thousand years since Adam's creation. Of these, the very broadest estimate that could be made with reason would be that less than one billion were saints of God."

However, in his addendum at the end of the book, he comes up with the number 28,441,126,838 for "the whole number of people who have ever been born on this earth... to date--including the present population." It's interesting that he actually mentioned the far-fetched population numbers immediately after the flood and at the time of the exodus... something Watchtower has since learned to avoid. I found it interesting that Chuck would be so specific about the number 28,441,126,838. Pyramid inches must be involved in that number somehow.

• thecarpenter
    thecarpenter

great stuff here

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

The growth in the first hundreds of years after the Flood has always created a problem for me, since nations so soon afterwards existed also according to the Bible. Leo points out the problem excellently here.

Just a quick note as to the problem of how many have ever live, I quote from Wikipedia (I know, I know, but it refers to the problems encountered in figuruing out the number):

Number of humans who have ever lived

Further information: Paleodemography

Estimates of "the total number of people who have ever lived" published in the 2000s range approximately from 100 to 115 billion (1 E11).

An estimate of the total number of people who have ever lived was prepared by Carl Haub of the Population Reference Bureau in 1995 and subsequently updated in 2002; the updated figure was approximately 106 billion. [ 96 ] [ 97 ] Haub characterized this figure as an estimate that required "selecting population sizes for different points from antiquity to the present and applying assumed birth rates to each period". [ 97 ] Given an estimated global population of 6.2 billion in 2002, it could be inferred that about 6% of all people who had ever existed were alive in 2002. [ 96 ]

In the 1970s it was a popular belief that 75% of all the people who had ever lived were alive in the 1970s, which would have put the total number of people who ever lived as of the 1970s as less than the number of people alive today. This view was eventually debunked. [ 98 ]

The number is difficult to estimate for the following reasons:

• The set of specific characteristics that define a human is a matter of definition, and it is open to debate which members of early Homo sapiens and earlier or related species of Homo to include. See in this regard also Sorites paradox. Even if the scientific community reached wide consensus regarding which characteristics distinguished human beings, it would be nearly impossible to pinpoint the time of their first appearance to even the nearest millennium because the fossil record is simply too sparse. However, the limited size of population in early times compared to its recent size makes this source of uncertainty of limited importance.
    • Robust statistical data only exist for the last two or three centuries. Until the late 18th century, few governments had ever performed an accurate census. In many early attempts, such as Ancient Egypt and in the Persian Empire the focus was on counting merely a subset of the people for purposes of taxation or military service. [ 99 ] All claims of population sizes preceding the 18th century are estimates, and thus the margin of error for the total number of humans who have ever lived should be in the billions, or even tens of billions of people.
    • A critical item for the estimation is life expectancy. Using a figure of twenty years and the population estimates above, one can compute about fifty-eight billion. Using a figure of forty yields half of that. Life expectancy varies greatly when taking into account children who died within the first year of birth, a number very difficult to estimate for earlier times. Haub states that "life expectancy at birth probably averaged only about ten years for most of human history" [ 97 ] His estimates for infant mortality suggest that around 40% of those who have ever lived did not survive beyond one year.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit