Overpopulation in the "Paradise" Earth!

by Leolaia 61 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ballistic
    ballistic

And another point. With the witnesses out numbered by "wordly" people who even the bible itself admits a large part of will reject the teachings and way of life, you are going to be cramped up with these people for a 1000 years before they are destroyed. hmmmm.

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

Another thought...

If the world is gonna be all... 'paradise' and all... then that means that there won't be any snow-capped mountains... or snow-skiing.

Or - deserts - or any conditions in between.

I had a brief conversation with a JW recently, as they said something about wanting to see some of these places... 'perhaps in the new system'... but it was evident in the 'tone' of the conversation that they knew the party line - and know full well that these won't exist - if the entire earth is to be a 'paradise'.

Oh - and think about all of the creatures that will go extinct when the earth 'blossoms' into this paradisaic condition. Polar bears, penguins, walrusses, etc.

Talk about mixed signals... promise them that they can 'pet' the wild critters... only... most of them won't be around, cause they can't survive in tropical climates.

Regards,

Jim TX

• Pole
    Pole

Leolaia,

Sorry to be the devil's advocate, but I'd be interested in the sources of your statistics, especially as far as the number of people born before the 20th century.

The answer I had as a JW was this:

My impression was that the world population has been growing exponentially and that it only reached the 1 billion mark in the late 19th century.

Check out this link:

http://www.prb.org/Content/NavigationMenu/PRB/Educators/Human_Population/Population_Growth/Population_Growth.htm

Now, assuming that you believe in the WT chronology, you have to start some 4,000 years ago (?) with the 6 survivors of the Flood. That would do it for me.

Of course at that time I accepted their chronology and stuff. But that's how easy life gets for JWs. Either you accept the entire doctine or you refute it all as crap.

Pole

• ballistic
    ballistic

You would have to take into consideration the extremely low life expectancy prior to this century and the fact each generation is only 25 or so years long (age between birth and having children). Without figures to hand, a rough way to think of this is that back then, people were living half the time, but 4 generations were still being born every 100 years if not less.

• ezekiel3
    ezekiel3

Printed in 1970 when world population was about 3.7 billion. August 2004 currently estmated at 6.4 billion.

*** g70 10/8 p. 19 Where Would All the People Live? ***

It is just in recent centuries that earth?s population has grown tremendously. In this regard, Dr. Albert L. Elder, as president of the American Chemical Society, stated at a meeting of that society in 1960:

?It took over 5000 years of human history up to about 1820 to reach a world population of 1.1 billion. Within the following century, population doubled. Now, it stands at about 2.8 billion and could reach 3 billion early in the 1960?s [as it has done]. Thus, in less than 50 years there has been an increase in population equivalent to that which occurred during the first 50 centuries.?

So those who are alive today represent a sizable number of those who have ever lived on this earth. In fact, in 1966 a speaker at the Florida State Pharmaceutical Association convention observed: ?It is now estimated that 25 per cent of all the people who have ever lived are alive today.??Jacksonville Journal, May 18, 1966.

On the basis of that estimate, the population throughout all human history would be only some 14,000,000,000 persons. But suppose that many more than that have lived on the earth. Let us add 10,000,000,000 more persons and assume that a population of 24,000,000,000 is involved. Would there be room for them? Well, since the earth has over 36,000,000,000 acres, there would be more than an acre and a half of land for each person! But would an acre and a half be enough to produce the needed food? There is good reason to believe that only a fraction of that acre and a half per person would be needed for food, leaving room for recreation areas and sanctuaries for animal and plant life.

Earth Can Produce Enough Food

According to The World Today: Its Patterns and Cultures (1966, p. 76), less than one eighth of the total land area of the earth is suitable for growing crops. The yield of much of the land that is cultivated is very poor, and farming methods are often not the most efficient. But even now, under conditions that are far from ideal, it is admitted that earth has the potential to support a much larger population. For example, Time magazine of July 13, 1970, in an article about new, high-yield strains of wheat and rice, reported that the United Nations Food and Agriculture Organization ?now maintains that the world?s agricultural potential is great enough to feed 157 billion people.? Surely, then, the earth could support 24,000,000,000 persons.

If we add current population factor (+2.7 billion) we now have:

1.3 acres per person according to the WT's own estimates! This equals a plot of land 238 feet x 238 feet. Consider that as space for a house, garden and small zoo!

WHAT A JOKE!

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

FMZ....I'm not sure what you mean by Jesus' "paradise". The term is used only once in Luke 23:43, and there it refers to the abode where the righteous and elect dwell before the resurrection; in the first century AD, the Garden of Eden was believed by many to have been preserved in third heaven (cf. 2 Corinthians 12:2; 2 Enoch 8:1; Apocalypse of Moses 37:5), where those translated and ascended to heaven dwell (cf. 1 Enoch 60:8; Irenaeus, A.H. 5.5.1), and which will be revealed with heavenly Jerusalem in the end times (cf. 2 Baruch 4; 4 Ezra 4:7-8; Revelation 21-22). It is important to realize that, contrary to what the Watchtower Society claims, the word paradeisos "paradise" is never used in the NT or the OT (in the LXX) as a name for the eschatological rejuvenated earth. The closest concept to this is in Isaiah 51:3 where Zion's desolate places will be make hós paradeison kuriou "like the paradise of the Lord", but the renewed wilderness is not called Paradise but are only said to be made like Paradise. The renewal referred to, moreover, is the one that ends when the Jews return to Judea from Babylon. Revelation 21-22 is misread by the Society as referring to a "paradise earth," but it actually concerns the eschatological revealing of New Jerusalem and Paradise to humanity. This is not the restoration of earth to an Edenic state; the "paradise" described in ch. 21-22 is the Garden of Eden.

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes

I wrote a short story about life in the NWO based on this.

It is actually easy to solve. Humans in this world are not allowed to die so even stavation won't kill you. God could have zero food in the new order and everyone walks around hungry. Also in extreme cases of stavation you stop wanting food. Everybody will look like those concentration camp suvivors. THere will popally be lots of wars considering you can't kill anyone. You can chop a guys head off and its still non lethal force. This place is like hell with out the fire, a purgatory planet for all creation. Considering the 144k are the only ones saved this makes perfect sense to me.

• Badger
    Badger

Don't forget the return of the "Water Canopy"...that greenhouse mist that kept the whole earth at 77F year round and moist...

• bigboi
    bigboi
    If the world is gonna be all... 'paradise' and all... then that means that there won't be any snow-capped mountains... or snow-skiing.

Or - deserts - or any conditions in between.

This was one thing I thought about during my last few months as a witness. Basically, how do you explain the existance of all these different types of animals, perfectedly suited for their environments, when the the Tower says that a lot of these places came about due to the Fall of man. However, eventhe Bible shows that they are liars. A simple query about the River the came from Eden and watered the 4 corners of the earth shows this. I asked an elder about it, once. I asked him basically if jehovah created deserts. He said of course no. However, in the Insight Book, it shows that the meaning of the word Havilah, used to describe a region watered by the one the parts of the River in Eden, basically meant Desert. Therefore biblically speaking, deserts are a natural part of earth's landcape.

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes

I know i dont argue with them about this because the wts covers its butt. It says they have no idea what the paradise will be like and that all descriptions are artist interpatations. But at the local hall if you deviate from any of those artist descriptions they try to embarass you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit