Overpopulation in the "Paradise" Earth!

by Leolaia 61 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jgnat
    jgnat

Thanks, Leoalia. The first time my honey explained the Paradise population thing, I tried to explain he was all backwards. He kept saying Heaven is too "small" for Christians, whereas the Earth is "big". Then he described how the loved ones who have passed on will get that second chance. I started to do the math, and I told him there is NO WAY the earth could support such a population - it would be crowded!

Unfortunately, my man is not so good in math. He couln't see it.

You have laid out the problem very nicely Leoalia.

Also, am I right that JW's believe that people will still marry, have children, etc. etc. on Paradise earth? Nobody dies? No children die? Fertile for eternity? Unsustainable! I have read enough SF to know what happens next. Colony ships! The JW's better start courting some rocket scientists. Heaven knows they are short of brainiacs.

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes

JG they are already collecting them KENNETH TANAKA worked to map mars when working for nasa and is a honest to goodness scientist.

g03 9/22 p. 18 Science Was My Religion ***

Science

Was My Religion

AS TOLD BY KENNETH TANAKA

"THE truth shall make you free." Those words, on one of the seals of the California Institute of Technology (Caltech), inspired me to achieve excellence in scientific knowledge.

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes

Here is a link with him helping look for life on mars. The is tryingto propose a method to find fosils in a 2009 mission

JPL1: Astrobiology Funding to the US Geological Survey: Lisa Gaddis, Jeff
    Johnson, Jeffrey Plescia, Kenneth Tanaka
    Research samples: Examine hyperthermophile communities in Yellowstone National Park (Wyoming) and tufa deposits in the Mono and Searles Lake Basins (California). Research: Determine whether extremophile habitats can be characterized with remotely-acquired spectral data and whether the presence of fossilized organisms can be recognized with remotely-sensed data. Spectral and spatial aspects of such data are needed to recognize particular extremophile environments via remotely sensed data. Such work contributes to planning and interpretation of data acquired from surface or orbital platforms for Martian sites .

http://nai.arc.nasa.gov/institute/about_mission_2.cfm

• Erich
    Erich

Hi.

I believe to the existence of "parallel universes" which solve the problem. Read the books of Hugh Everett III

or David Deutsch.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Deutsch

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parallel_universe

E.

• Pole
    Pole

Leolaia,

Yes. You're right. I only looked at the population figures (same website, diferent page), because I asumed they would include births (1 year old and younger babies were humans so even if they wouldn't reach adulthood I thougt they'd be represented in those statistics).

However, as we have agreed, JWs wouldn't recognize those stats because they are totally out of keeping with their chronology and the idea of just three couples who could have children just after the Flood. Oh well, four, if you think Noah was a robust old man :).

The problem is that, as you showed, if you stick to the WT chronology, you end up having a paradox which is probably worse than the overpopulation of the paradise.

I guess every ancient woman living between 2370 BC and 1990 BC must have had quintuplets twice a year for twenty-five consequtive years of her adulthood :).

Edtied to add: Wait! Wouldn't that be the fulfillment of God's gloomy prophecy ? ?I shall greatly increase the pain of your pregnancy; in birth pangs you will bring forth children, and your craving will be for your husband, and he will dominate you.?

Pole

• Monski
    Monski

This one's bugged me as well. I asked someone about it and got the same reply about exponential growth over the past 1000 years and stuff. Then I thought, O.K, what about the future then? How long will it take for the population to reach the level it is at now, assuming that it starts off with the survivors of armageddon and the resurrected lot, and many are killed off after the 1,000 years? So there's this relatively small group of people left who will, no doubt be getting married and having children all over the place to bring them happiness in their new paradise home. Right, my question is this. What is going to happen when, eventually, the population is 70 billion? Well, let's face it, no-one is going to die or leave for Mars or evaporate or anything! Clearly, the only logical step is to control the rate of expansion of the population by reducing pregnancies.

So, is God going to ban sex? Hold up, there's been far too much for far too long so I'll have to build it into the commandments! Thou shalt not procreate - ever, with anyone! This is a concept that all single JW's have to come to terms with and have to obey right now. If such people reflected on these thoughts they would probably be very upset. No sex in this system and, guess what - none in the new one after a while - and then none forever!

That will be just Cosmic!

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes

hey there are ways to have sex and not get pregnant. Plus i mean there will be like abortion clinics in the new order right?

• Monski
    Monski

Oh - I get it! So, perhaps Jehovah will remove the DESIRE for sex and gender will no longer be important. In fact, eventually all humans will be the same gender. Ooops, am I implying evolution? Naughty me!

• Pole
    Pole

Astronomy was my hobby when I was a JW. So I liked to think that GOd didn't create all the galaxies and planetary systems with no purpose. Especially the ones we can't see without advanced technology.

Yes. my biggest dream was to be sent by an angel on an intergalactic mission, (preferrably with a few chicks on board) to populate explore a few new planets. That would have to be after the 1000 y reign though. The WTS leaders were not supposed to rule over planets other than Earth, were they? So I'd miss part of the global perfection program, which would be a pity, wouldn't it?

• Monski
    Monski

You really think that's what will happen? I getting my act together and getting reinstated! Possibilities of space travel and repopulating excercises! I can't miss that!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit