favourite games to play as a child during boring meetings

by Surfacing 61 Replies latest jw experiences

• Surfacing
    Surfacing

My parents were both very strict, and I wasn't allowed any toys at the hall. My rations included a copy of My Book of Bible Stories, and a pen and note pad. My parents were strict to the point of not allowing me to draw pictures, I had to "take notes". So before I could even write, I would simply do loopdy loops on the page that looked like writing. I was disciplined for anything on a page that resembled a picture for fear I might be doodling and not paying attention the way a proper 4 year old should during a fascinating dissertation on the application Oholibah's prostitution... way to stifle a kid's creativity.

I was so envious of kids with cool toys that were allowed to crawl under the chairs and play with them. If my parents weren't looking I would take my pen and turn it into a spaceship, the Bible Story Book acting as the perfect launchpad, rocketing me and my crew far into the stars away from itchy wool suits and boring talks.

Anyone else have a story?

• blondie
    blondie

Word games

Anagrams from JW words or Bible names

A form of Boogle using words in the WT.

I would read the parts of the Bible I preferred when it was totally boring

As a little kid, I did not attend meetings regularly and when we did my mother did not expect me to pay attention, just be quiet. So I got to draw all the pictures I wanted to.

Blondie

www.wordplays.com

• Confucious
    Confucious

I wasn't a kid, but me and my wife used to play the "TRANSLATION GAME" during the Watchtower.

Comment from Mrs. Self Righteous...

"And it's good that Paragraph 6 mentioned that we should always consider field service on our day off, even if we were asked to work overtime."

TRANSLATION...

"Hey you sorry ass 3 hour publishers, get your ASS out in field service."

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

We had a list of words like: Jehovah, Jesus, Kingdom.. and we got to () keep track of how many times each was said with hash marks under the name.. great fun it was

• dh
    dh

my personal favourite games was called... 'count the shades of green'

• Nancy Drake
    Nancy Drake

Count the foam panels in the ceiling. Pick scabs. Try to find the best position to fall asleep without looking like I was actually asleep.

• dh
    dh
    Count the foam panels in the ceiling

ha ha ha, maybe we went to the same hall

• Nancy Drake
    Nancy Drake

I forgot "Trying to Catch the Eye of the Cute Boy Who My Best Friend Would Steal From Me Anyway Cuz She Was Sluttier with Bigger Boobs"

• El Kabong
    El Kabong

My favorite during the (BORING) Watchtower study was to fill in all the letter "O's" on each page.

Then blacken out the teeth, draw beards, devils horns (he he), an black eyes of Jehovah's Happy People as portrayed in the illustrations of the Watchtower.

So stimulating!!!

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz
    Pick scabs.

LOL.. Nancy will you be my new best friend? You crack me up!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit