A Letter from A Witness

by cruzanheart 41 Replies latest jw friends

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

YOU GO GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nina,,,,,,,,,, I am so proud to know you. You have been thru so much , yet you have not let the justified anger turn you bitter. I know that is not easy to do. The injustices of the WT and the guilty JW's who treated ones like your father and my mother and the many others that have committed suicide, with such harshness, coldness, and total lack of love , still makes me angry. I know that I will never get over the anger, but I try not to let it consume me to the point of being a completely bitter and angry person.

I really love the letter you wrote,,,,,,,,it was excellent, a great way to channel the hurt over your father and the horrible way dear Big Tex was treated as well. And that is not to mention the lack of love and concern for you and the children.

Who knows,,,,,,,maybe you planted that seed ( the other kind,,,,,,hehe the seed of doubt) in her mind and in time , you may be doing her a huge favor for telling her what you did in such a straightforward yet loving way.

I smiled when you said , you were happy with your family, the kids and hubby,,,,,,and the dogs.......

I feel the same way,,,,,,,,at the end of the day, I feel blessed, the kids , the hubby and the four dogs!! ( and a couple of cats!!!)

Hugs to Nina, Chris, Jennie, and Jackson and the Bassett Hounds

• willyloman
    willyloman

Ahem! As a former secretary (assumes haughty pose), I feel well qualified to tell you that you may, indeed, deduct these hours of field service from your previous reports. If only more of our brothers and sisters were as conscientious, why we'd soon have all those former hours down to zero!

Seriously, Nina, that was a wonderful heart-felt letter, and answers so many questions we've been having around our house lately about what to say if we are "cornered" by a vociferous dub. I am running this out for our next family discussion.

• cyber-sista
    cyber-sista

Cruzin...Wow...I was moved by your story. I too have read bits and pieces of it over the months, but you put it the story together well in this letter. Open and honest without personally attacking the woman who wrote it--good job. I am going to save this one for reference if you don't mind. I am trying to find a voice to express some of my story when the time comes. Thank you...

Love, cybs

• gdt
    gdt

Nina, may I add just a thought of the deep respect you have received from the group here, I too feel very much for you, and respect you for not being bitter and twisted, just realistic, and keeping your faith and love of God intact. Hardly any of us go through life unscathed, but it is proper to expect more from those who profess more! Your truthful expressions are very obvious, and I ask you please to accept my warmest thoughts as a brother in the truth, trying to be more thoughtful and kind. geoff. gdt.

• codeblue
    codeblue

Nina:

I LOVED your letter. Very good job

Wondering if your friend can distinguish between a dedication to Jehovah and the WTBS? That seems to be the issue I am dealing with, certain friends or family don't GET that a baptism was for your relationship with Jeh and his son...........not an organization.

Thank you for sharing your life...I feel like I know you a bit better and I think you are a very "kind" person. You have endured a lot in your life.

I have to say the "lack of love" issues is ultimately what made me leave. That welcome visit turned out to be a nightmare (when we relocated here 1.5 years ago)....The elders actually said they had to see our publisher cards cause "we might be pedophiles"...........(I sat in horror after they said that---omg.....they really said that) And 3 times they said to my husband because he asked where in the Bible does it say we need to "turn in time", they said: " we can't find the scripture, but when we do you are gonna EAT CROW"......................yes, they said that 3 times during the 2.5 hour supposed welcoming visit. I didn't feel welcomed at all. IN fact...I couldn't look those 2 elders in the face when I TRIED to go to the meetings. I quit going 4 months after the supposed welcoming visit. I knew Jehovah's spirit wasn't at that KH. IN fact, I hadn't seen it in several KH's when we lived in CA.

I have had a recent experience in May, with one of my JW sisters who has been very unkind to me........I think you have some interesting points in your letter that may come of use to me in the near future. But since she HUNG up on me.....I won't ever call her again. It is up to here to call or write me. Which I doubt she will, because both her and her husband are highly judgemental.

For instance: when I was divorced after a 20 year marriage, I decided to go visit this sister. I hadn't seen her in years, plus my grandmother lived near her. My sister picked me up from the airport. We got home and I made a statement: "The elders didn't give me the shepherding visits they promised"...this I said in a very humble tone.....(remember being divorced is like being a widow, plus I had an 18 year old son to support as well). Her husband says: "I'll NOT have anybody speak against the elders in MY house. YOu might as well get out!"

I sat and immediately CRIED my eyes out. I said to my heartless brother in law (also a M. S.), "how could he say such a thing after all I have endured. (a cheating jw husband)" He NEVER apologized, just got me a glass of water while I cried 2 hours. I wanted to leave their house but I was emotionally drained. My sister never apologized.....she stood up for her husband.

Sorry, I kinda got off on my personal issues!

Thank you for sharing your personal information.

hugs,

Codeblue

• codeblue
    codeblue

oh yes..........I forgot: Please let us know the response you get...........if you can

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

Codeblue,

All of them are nothing but a bunch of self serving heartless bast**ds whether family or not.

Just hope that one day they may be in the shoes we have disgarded since being deprogrammed!

I may sound cruel and heartless but saying "I told you so" can be very theraputic.

HappyDad

• codeblue
    codeblue

Happydad,

You are so right, they are totally "heartless"..........

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Thanks so much for sharing that with us.......I never knew the whole story either. It's unfortunate, but most JWs will see this and clam "that would never happen in OUR Hall" or something along those lines.

Sometimes "they" just aren't in the position to SEE it, but as a "single" mother of five with a grandson in the home (WTS idea of single--a nonJW hubby) I know exactly what you're talking about. You're a nonentity (until they want your "time"). It really stinks and the incentive to stick it out gets as tired as WE were!

Hopefully, she will read your reply and tuck the information away in her heart that will come up at another time.....

hugs to you and your family,

Annie

• zev
    zev
    We are in the very last days now

i wasn't aware they prefaced the last days now with VERY last days.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit