Do you love to dance?

by Maverick 42 Replies latest social relationships

• Evesapple
    Evesapple

I love dancing. I go out to clubs to salsa and merengue....my husband doesn't mind if I go out with my girlfriend, those kinds of places people actually go to just dance and not necessarily pick up. I wish he would learn though....he's a great Jewish white boy, but absolutely no rhythm.

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

I love to dance SOOOOOO MUCH! If I had the means to do it, I'd start up a "retro-club" (byob) for older ppl that love to dance and have nothing but R&B, R&R and disco music with a DJ and live bands on the weekends and Wednesday nights!

Also....there'd be dance contests (marathons and best dance-couples in categories like jitterbug, disco, etc.)

Besides, it's great exercise!

Frannie B

• dh
    dh

yeah, dance 2 trance!

• Stefanie
    Stefanie

I love to dance, but my current says he cant.

i do cuban salsa, merengue and sometimes bachatta. i also like dancing to r&b.
    Thats my stuff, right there!
  • Country Girl
    Country Girl

I'm a Greek, so I was raised in a culture of dancing. While my Mother was JW, my Father remained a Greek Orthodox. He is an immigrant, and dancing is very important in this culture. Most weekends when I was growing up, we were carted down to the "Greek Village" restaurant and bar in Littleton, Colorado, which was owned by one of the annointed: Brother Verdos. My father was a Greek Orthodox, and my mother a JW, but they both agreed that it was fun to go to the Greek Village restaurant and bar and eat and dance. They would take us down there on weekends and buy us a big meal, and then the music would start, and all of us, including the kids, would dance in a line. My Father drank a lot of alcohol, and was mostly at the front of the dance line and would do back flips and all that stuff, hanging on a handkercheif. My Mother was part of the line and would teach us kids the steps. It was too much fun. Then ... later.. a belly dancer would come and make her way about the room.

If you are a tourist and you go to some of the Greek villages, with the men sitting at a table in the street, shaking their Kobolois (rosary beads) around.. and you start singing a Greek song.. most likely they will get up and dance. This custom is very familiar and comfortable to me. There has been times when I have been cleaning my Father's restaurant, and we are listening to Greek music, and then my Father and I join hands and just dance our hearts out in the empty restaurant. It is so common to me, and so comfortable. I LOVE to dance...

However, because I am married to a Texan, and there isn't many Greeks around here, I just try to get in dancing when I can. When the Greek church has a dance in September, I am in my element... but at the same time, I am in Texas, where two steppin rules. I have learned to dance the two step and I am pretty good at it.. but my husband isn't much of a dancer.

It's really funny how people look at dancing. For me, it's a reaffirmation of my culture and way of life of my ancestors. For others, it is just a fun thing to do.

Country Girl

• Netty
    Netty

I teach dance! I will dance to anything in the world, although I lean towards anything latin, just because that is my blood. I have always tried and keep trying different types of dance. I have done ballroom, country, latin, west coast swing, jazz, tap, ballet, clogging. I am a choreographer and put routines together, that are done at events at dinner shows. I love choreagraphing a rountine and watching others dance it. That is such a thrill. Right now just for fun, I am taking FLAMENCO, and wow. What a challenge, but what a sensual dance, who would have thought.

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

I love to dance. Right now Thunder and I are taking Touch Dancing lessons we are doing the Waltz, Rumba, Foxtrot, Swing and will be learning the salsa,Tango, east coast and west coast swing, push pull I CAN'T WAIT

We also just found a nice place to go on Saturday nights to practise what we have learned

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

I like to dance a lot ... (on ... everything kind of music ...) and I'm good at ! (but the rock and roll - ???) ... what I most like and do, is dancing home, I put the stereo LOUD ! and go crazy on it !

• Princess
    Princess

When a good song comes on the radio while I'm making dinner...

Save a Horse, Ride a Cowboy by Big and Rich is my favorite song to get me moving.

• codeblue
    codeblue

I love to dance!!!!!!!!!! Give me a couple of and I am ready for some dancing!!!!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit