website that will shatter everything about the Jehovahs Witnesses

by watchmanofephraim 63 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

Damien, Welcome to JWD !

Even tho' you've had a rough start so far here, it's not too late to start over. Most of the people here really DO understand your frustration and concern about getting JW's to see how misled they are. We all have friends and relatives that are still "in." Learning the best way to help these people get 'out' is the hardest thing.

So, I say...learn from the experiences of many, many others here and at other xjw boards who have tried and failed...and tried and succeeded in opening JW's eyes. When I first came here over a year ago, I had a family crisis going on related to JW's. I truly thought MY particular situation...was unique ! It wasn't...which was sad from the standpoint that so many others were suffering, yet encouraging, because, THEIR experiences helped me realize I wasn't alone in all this. Reading and ASKING QUESTIONS OF OTHERS...about how and why they handled their situations as they did, helped me formulate a plan...which has helped me.

One reason you've had a rough start here is, in my opinion, your dogmatic style. You aren't ASKING questions, you seem more interested in TELLING folks the way things are according your viewpoint...which seems to be infallible in your mind. Sorry to tell ya'...that justs gets on peoples last nerves. Even if you are 100% correct...the 'style' in which you present your facts...can TOTALLY turn off a persons willingness to listen.

Notice I said willingness...you must be careful to be respectful. From my experience and reading that of many others, nothing will shut down a Witness's willingness to listen quicker than a frontal attack...they will just build walls quicker than you can talk.

Remember the old adage, "You can lead a horse to water, but, you cannot make it drink ??" or You can catch more flys with honey, rather than vinegar ?" They are both true.

I hope you accept my words in the spirit they are offered in: As a friend.

Rabbit

• watchmanofephraim
    watchmanofephraim

Thanks Rabit, I don't have the time to reply properly now, got to do gig, will reply later, but htanks anyhow.

damien davis

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

Just curious, what religion/ or church are you involved with now, or is this Bible research on your own?

• watchmanofephraim
    watchmanofephraim

I believe that I am led by the Spirit of God and as regards the Church, it would have to be the Church of God............

Damien Davis

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit