Rutherford's wife, why the info blackout?

by VM44 64 Replies latest jw friends

• jesscd
  • blondie
    blondie

I have no proof, but I did dig into the family's ancestry and did not find that Malcolm had a child.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

The story I’ve read is that Malcolm had no children and that curious JWs and exJWs visited him over the years and asked him about his father and he always turned them away with no information. He was alienated from his father and he didn’t want to discuss it. When he died a lot of Rutherford related irreplaceable possessions, personal Bibles and documents and so on were thrown away.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

This is a fascinating video by a favourite you tuber of mine, Julian Watson, whose family association with the Witnesses goes back to the Bible Student era.

His grandmothers Aunt was one Berta Peale, the woman it is claimed was Rutherford mistress. Certainly there is a large amount of circumstantial evidence that backs up this claim, as well of her own admission that “ he was in every way a husband to me”

personally I think his first love was the booze, and his wife being a good jw and probably kept financially by the watchtower, was unlikely to call him out as a philanderer.

https://youtu.be/Zel2y0fr0d0

• blondie
    blondie

BTW if you search JWN, you will finally several lengthy posts with some formal research done by people like Leolila (sp?). It is a large amount of info but is was done at least 10 years ago.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit