Do you talk baby talk to your pets?

by Maverick 50 Replies latest social family

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

I converse with my pets. Here is a typical conversation between me and my cat Shadow:

Me: Kitty!
    Kitty: Meow!
    Me: How are you?
    Me: Are you happy?
    Me: Do you want a treat?
    Kitty: purrrrrmeow!

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

jbot,

LOL @ that pic!

Yup... I talk all kinds of sweetness to my two kitties.

• codeblue
    codeblue

Jwbot: awesome picture.......your dog is so full of personality!!!! My 5 pound pom does the same thing with his head, as IF he really is listening and understand what I am saying!!! It cracks me up....

Yes, both me and NOdenial talk baby talk to our little dog....NOdenial made up our pet's talking voice and uses it constantly, as IF our dog would talk and react like like that.............that is even more funny!!!

Codeblue

• seeitallclearlynow
    seeitallclearlynow

Absolutely I baby talk to my pets when I have them. Who ever heard of an "adult" dog or cat?? LOL!

Except for beautiful horses come to think of it - when I have had occasion to talk to horses, I'll speak in a soothing tone, but no baby talk. But then, I've never owned a horse.

I don't recall hearing a guy sweet talk his pets, but I think I might like it. Not too extreme though I think!

• Chloe
    Chloe

jwbot - your baby looks like she could talk right back. She is the cutest.

My husband wasn't all that crazy about cats when I met him, but it was love me, love my cats. Then we got Chloe (she looks like my avatar.)

Now it's "Daddy love Chloe. Chloe love Daddy? Chloe Daddy's baby" and so on. She changed his mind so much about cats that he even brought home another kitten, Katie.

• franklin J
    franklin J

No, I always spoke to the dog or cat and to my surprise they clearly understood. Obviously, this has taken training.

My dog is far better behaved than my children and can follow verbal commands on spoken request. It never ceases to amaze me just HOW MUCH these animals do understand.

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

I talk to my animals, hell I have whole conversations with them and they answer me! I love my babies. I wish I could figure out how to get Jake's picture to post, I uploaded it but can't figure out how to insert it into a thread.

Sherry

• jwbot
    jwbot

codeblue: I also have a voice I use for Twobit, its her voice...or something. :) I make her talk all the time, and I try to understand what she is thinking. It is really fun. Yes I think a lot of us animorpophize (hmmm I am not sure if thats the word but its close) our animals but I also think they are a lot more complex than the "normals" (ie: people who do not talk to their animals) than they would like to admit.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    I talk to my animals, hell I have whole conversations with them and they answer me! I love my babies. I wish I could figure out how to get Jake's picture to post, I uploaded it but can't figure out how to insert it into a thread.

so funny... one of my cats will "tell" me that she wants me to follow her... she will come up to me and and turn around, but then turn her head back to me and meow at me. When I see her do this I say: "Wan't me to follow you?" and she will turn and start walking to where she wants me to follow (usually the food dish).

• Stefanie
    Stefanie

Lucky cat!

I had two labs a couple of years ago, I would talk to them, but i wouldnt woochie coochie them..lol

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit