Do you talk baby talk to your pets?

by Maverick 50 Replies latest social family

• Maverick
    Maverick

I had this big macho guy who used to work for me and when I would stop by his trailer, (not kidding) to pick him up for work, (DUI and again, not kidding) on his way out the door he would give his redhead, stripper girl friend, (see above) a peck on the cheek and walk over to his pit-bull, ( ) and just lavish all manner of love and affection on that big, ugly, and very stupid dog! I am not making this up! I would think, "What a looser!"

I have two cats, they are the sweetest things! They will walk right over to anyone who comes over the house and want to check that person out and be petted! Both my daughter and I play with them and talk all manner of stupidness to them! I am such a hypocrite! Maybe I'll get extra points on that "going to Hell" test?

Now my question, do you talk baby talk to your pets? And ladies...it's always about the ladies.....how would or have you felt about some guy your seeing if you notice him talking sweet to his pets the first time you go by his place? Mav

• minimus
    minimus

Mav, your questions are getting better everyday!! I'm starting to worry. What do you call your kitties??

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

I sure do.

"Hey red assed dog - want to go for a walk? Good, look for money while we are out there?

• Robdar
    Robdar

I sweet talk my cats. I don't baby talk them though.

If I saw the guy that I'm dating sweet talk his pets, I would be tickled. If he sweet talked mine, I would ask him to move in with us.

• Sirona
    Sirona

I call them my little babies and talk in a really high pitched voice, asking them what they've been doing today (the answer is always sleeping LOL)

Sirona

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

No ... I don't even to talk baby to babies !

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

how would or have you felt about some guy your seeing if you notice him talking sweet to his pets the first time you go by his place? Mav
    about that ... what I would think about It would much depends on how the pets "talks / react" to his owner ...
  • shera
    shera

Yeh,I get going with my birds at times,and if I saw a man talk to animals like that.It would impress me.

In my opinion,being tough and not expressing yourself and showing no emountion,does not make a man.

• desib77
    desib77

Guilty...

But my favorite thing to do is say his magic words that get him to tilt his head and look at me. I love that reaction.....It's funny because he can pick these words out even if it is a conversation between my husband and myself. He also accepts other words in place of the real word.

Treat - will accept tree, eat, freak

Greenie (a special treat) - he will accept greenery

As for a man sweet talking his pet....my husband does it and I think it is sweet.

• jwbot
    jwbot

Of course! I sweet talk, anyway. she gets so excited so it is hard not to! Another funny thing to do is talk very slowly like "Hey Twobit.....do....you....want...to....." and she will sit and stare and tilt her head like she is listening to every word.

I mean just look at that face:

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit