Do you talk baby talk to your pets?

by Maverick 50 Replies latest social family

• Preston
    Preston

"Baby Talk? Huh? Me?......btttttttt....perposterious!!!!!!"

(Preston's Pug walks into the room)

"Awwwwwwww.....aren't you the bestest doggie everrrrr...youuuuu sooooo cuuuuuutte...aren't you jus da best widdle baby puppy dogggiie!!!!"

(Preston resumes typing)

"Again...I would never resort to such childish behavior"

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Yup! To kitties I talk baby talk, but not just sweet nothins....regular conversations....just in a little baby voice...and they LOVE it!

As an example, I used to live in an apt. complex out in California where there were some wild kitties....one of 'em's name was "Baby" (according to apt. mgr.)....and "Baby" was always coming close enough to acknowledge someone, but would NOT allow anyone to touch him.....I sat outside one day and when he came around, I began talking "babytalk" to him and he laid down by me and turned his tummy up to be stroked and petted...."Baby" adopted me and moved into my apt. within a few days. The apt. mgr. was jealous.

Frannie B

• Princess
    Princess

God No. Yuk...and quit kissing them, you know what they lick.

My cat is a filthy pig that rolls in the dirt. It's disgusting and I tell him that.

• onacruse
    onacruse

We have one pet, a cat, and every morning, when I go out on the patio for a "just got out of bed" smoke, I have to kick him out of my way...5 minutes later, I say, "OK, you dumb cat, here," and he jumps onto my lap, lurving and purring.

Then I throw some dry cat food in his bowl, and tell him to get busy guarding our patio until we get home.

btw, I was a wonderful father; as you can tell.

Craig

• Princess
    Princess

That's awesome Craig. I love it when people don't treat their stupid pets like babies.

On the rare occasion when my cat wanders into the house. I say "come here you filthy pig" and sometimes he does.

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

Of course!

What other language do pets understand?

Okay ... okay ... Polish!

ESTEE

• Odrade
    Odrade

Anthropomorphizing. and yeah, I do it all the time. Except it's more of a funny voice than a baby talk voice. It's way more fun to make up what the animal is saying back. Mostly, the one cat just cusses alot. His favorite phrase is "Feed me, f***knob."

• Maverick
    Maverick

I can relate to onacruise. Every morning I take my coffee and sit in my sunroom to visit y-all, the computer has taken over the breakfast table, and one of my cats will hop up into my lap and bat my hands while I try to type! This is the only time she wants attention, unless her food dish is empty! Silly kitty! Maverick

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

lol@preston

Have you seen those clips on America's Funniest Home videos where people will let a dog lick their lips???

OMG I can't even watch that, my eyes instantly shut with 500lb's of pressure and my arms shoot out and my voice goes AHHHHHHHHH

You guys don't allow that do you?

( NOT shunning the Cat People because you are a different race. )

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

Well, Mav, being the HUGE animal lover that I am, and having grown up around/with animals all my life, I think it's wonderful when a man loves animals...........I couldn't be with someone who didn't. It shows a sweetness, a softness, that is very endearing to me. In my belief system, all the creatures of the earth are peoples too. And, we all live on this planet and share it, or should share it equally. Animals are not lower or inferior to us. They are life forms and have feelings, emotions, and thoughts just as we do. Just because they don't talk or speak our language doesn't mean they are inferior to humans as a species. If we have animal friends who live with us, then they should be shown respect and love as much as the rest of our family are.

Ter

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit