Refusing to eat Lucky Charms cereal...

by Confucious 46 Replies latest jw friends

• Confucious
    Confucious

Boo Berry. LOL!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!

• Margie
    Margie

This thread inspired me to have Satanic Lucky Charms for lunch. They really are magically delicious.

• kls
    kls

I never had a problem with eating Lucky Charms or alot of things the JW warped minds think of. Besides i don't eat the cereal only the marsh-mellows( yummy)

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

The better question for my parents would be, what WEREN'T they offended by! Jeez Loise! I used to turn the radio station any time there was any hint of sex, I was hitting that button a lot.. As for cereals and such, my mom too was a health nut and the only boxed cereal we got were grape nuts. Otherwise it was oatmeal, cream of wheat, and there was another one too can't remember the name which had lots of grains.

Now to weird things, we used to crumble up graham crackers in a bowl and pour milk on and eat the resulting mush for breakfast. Actually it was very good believe it or not. I guess when you don't get your Lucky Charms you just have to get creative!

Couldn't watch batman or smurfs, dagnabbit. So consequently that wascally wabbit was my hero.

Sherry

• Insomniac
    Insomniac

When I was maybe 13, I got a cookbook that had a recipe for fortune cookies. They baked flat, then you put the slip of paper with the fortune on it, and folded the whole thing up. It would harden in a few minutes, just like the restaurant variety. An elder's wife told me that I should write scriptures on the papers; if I left the paper out entirely, it would seem like an oversight, but replacing fortunes with scriptures about womanly submission would be a wonderful way to glorify Jehovah's name, apparently.

• Soledad
    Soledad
    An elder's wife told me that I should write scriptures on the papers; if I left the paper out entirely, it would seem like an oversight, but replacing fortunes with scriptures about womanly submission would be a wonderful way to glorify Jehovah's name, apparently

EWWWW!

• Robdar
    Robdar

When I was growing up, my dad refused to allow us to buy or eat "magically delicious" Lucky Charms . We laugh about that now.

I like 'em.

Robyn

• Robdar
    Robdar

I also like taking communion. Of course, I never found that offensive but the witnesses did.

Robyn

• blondie
    blondie

I read the fortune in fortune cookies too and ate the cookie. I found out that there are no fortune cookies in China.

Blondie

• shamus
    shamus
    When I was maybe 13, I got a cookbook that had a recipe for fortune cookies. They baked flat, then you put the slip of paper with the fortune on it, and folded the whole thing up. It would harden in a few minutes, just like the restaurant variety. An elder's wife told me that I should write scriptures on the papers; if I left the paper out entirely, it would seem like an oversight, but replacing fortunes with scriptures about womanly submission would be a wonderful way to glorify Jehovah's name, apparently.

I just had to add my wholehearted disgust at the story above. That definetly involves some projectile puking on my behalf.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit