Refusing to eat Lucky Charms cereal...

by Confucious 46 Replies latest jw friends

• Confucious
    Confucious

As I sit here eat my favorite cereal for breakfast, I remember a time when it used to offend me to eat Lucky Charms.

Anyone else have an experience of things you used to "offend" you???

• blondie
    blondie

My mom bought it for us once. We hated the slimy marshmallow thingies. The only thing that guided my mom was the cost. We liked Wheat Chex and Shredded Wheat, and still do. Well, I do like Fruit Loops once in a while....

Blondie

• qwerty
    qwerty

I have known JW's not eat or ordering full English Breakfasts in a cafes if it's been cooked near or next to black pudding!

Qwerty

• Scully
    Scully

Lucky Charms were banned from our house too. So was Count Chocula and that other Booberry cereal. It was made quite clear that all these breakfast cereals were demonic. Eating them could be a way to become demonized yourself.

Doesn't everyone have childhood memories like that??

Love, Scully

• blondie
    blondie

My mom was never that strict, I guess. She wouldn't let us play with a ouija board though even if Milton Bradley marketed it as a game.

I guess the demons in the cereal were tame compared to the demon that lived with us masquerading as my father.

Blondie

• logical
    logical

i still get guilty about stuff like that.... be it watching Buffy or other ghosty / demony stuff or playing games with them in or whatever, but I never eat lucky charms (couldnt if i wanted to) so they havent affected me. I did before the JW's came along... they just reinforced it and its stuck.

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome

i used to not listen to depeche mode's 'blasphemous rumours' as i thought it was blasphemous. now i dont care, as i'm sure god's heard and seen worse things.

• Scully
    Scully

I got rid of a few albums when I was in my late teens:

Meatloaf's "Bat out of Hell"
    John Lennon's "Double Fantasy"
    Chris de Burgh's "Spanish Train and Other Stories"

There were more, but I can't remember what they were.

Oh and the radio was always turned off in December, so as not to accidentally listen to any Christmas music.

Love, Scully

• lawrence
    lawrence

We threw out many albums - i remember Sabbath going, 'Imagine', and all of the Dr. John The Night Tripper music (gris gris...) . Pink Floyd had to go, Spooky Tooth had to go, and so did 'Tubular Bells.'

• morty
    morty

Not only did that cereal have the devilin it but, it was also out of my mom and dads budget...It was Puffed Wheat for us....Remeber that stuff you had to eat in 3.5 seconds or it went to paste in the bowl and it was bought in giant bags?? It also tasted like stiroffoam cups/plates....We had 5 kids in our family so things were stretched and we certainly never had brothers or sisters kicking down the door and offering a helping hand when times were tough..( even though my dad worked for very wealthy brothers in our congo but, that is a diffrent thread)...Oh, and btw, we also had powdered milk with that lovely bowl of Puffed Wheat (dad worked on a dairy farm where he milked 125 cows twice a day for some loving brothers...imagine having to drink powdered milk and having the cow right in your back yard!! (cheap a$$holes)....

Morty of the, I now buy 2% milk and lucky charms/tricks/count dracula for the kids class

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit