The Internet and Apostasy

by CakeMonkey 45 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• kj
    kj
    There are over 10 TIMES the amount of "opposing web sites" against the WTS as there are for the Catholic Church! The Catholic Church has 995,000,000 more followers than the WTS. In fact, I believe I read that the number of "opposing sites" against the WTS are more than opposing sites for all other Christian religions combined.

That was the exact reason that the JW lady I've been talking to said that they WERE the true religion, because there is so much hatred and opposition towards them. They just see the persecution as another sign that they're right. I even showed her the NGO letter on the UN website, and she still believes there is a reasonable explanation for all of the deceit and lies the GB dishes out. Too sad.

kj

• avengers
    avengers
    The WTS is a sham, a fraud, an outright deception, unChristian and a destroyer of minds, hearts and lives which exists for the sole reason to publish and sell worthless religious literature that does nothing but give glory to themselves.

Farkel

Sad, but so true.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

I came upon a board (before this one) and I tried to defend my JW beliefs. I soon found out that I didn't have a leg to stand on, as they say! I was SO upset about what disrespectful and vile things that were being said about the WTS----so I decided to check out the websites that were shown to me---so I could nail the bums who were saying all these lies about the Org.

It didn't take me long to see ALL that I "didn't know" about the troof, and how I'd been lied to! THEN I was upset at the WTS!!! And I still AM! (grin)

If it hadn't been for the openness of the 'net......goodness knows where I'd be today.

hugs,

Annie

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes

If it hadn't been for the openness of the 'net......goodness knows where I'd be today.\

Feild Service

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

LOL @ XQs...field service is right.

I really believe that we are seeing the beginning of the end for the WTS. The free availability of information greatly inhibits their ability to make new converts, and intelligent people continue to leave. Growth is now zero or negative in almost all western lands (when you consider the effects of the 15-minutes-equals-publisher change), and I think that as people begin to see more and more people they respect leave, it will reach a critical mass and more people will be able to see the sham for what it is.

Carry on! And pay no attention to the man behind the curtain!

SNG

• alias
    alias

I was already having a 'crisis of conscience'', but the first two sites I came across back in the mid '90s were Freeminds (Randy) and The Internet Superhighway Freed their Souls (Jan & Kirsten H).

Kirsten was the first "apostate" I ever contacted and communicated with. I was scared to death. But soon realized that people are people. No doubt, the WT did a serious job on my mind. I'm thankful for her efforts.

Today, things look a whole lot different. Mainly, I'm not afraid of information, and I'm open to growth.

alias

• brother devoted
    brother devoted

Thank you,

How many have the guts t admit what this individual did.

I am going to be unusually blunt and say that I believe many started opposing after they fell for wrong doing and then decided to give credence to there bhaivor by deciding "hey...lets find something bad to say about the WTS and I will feel better about my self"

Remember it was YOU who decided to be a witness and it was YOU who left..

with that I say,
    Peace

• Mystery
    Mystery

Brother Devoted -

Remember it was YOU who decided to be a witness and it was YOU who left..

I didn't decide to be a "witness"; my parents did. I am 3rd generation. My parent(s) are ignorant in the definition of JW's/cult.

Why are you here? Keep reading... maybe YOU will become knowledgeable instead of ignorant as my parents are.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Dear brother devoted, why put words in another's mouth? Is it so hard to believe that a sincere, regular member of the society may have genuine doubts? Tell me where, in the society's program, can such a person express such doubts without raining derision on their head?

many started opposing after they fell for wrong doing and then decided to give credence to there bhaivor by deciding "hey...lets find something bad to say about the WTS and I will feel better about my self"

This is pure speculation.

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

@Sunspot: exactly my story.

I would have NEVER come out without the Internet. Came as an apologist, ended as an apostate.

Best thing that happened to me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit