The Internet and Apostasy

by CakeMonkey 45 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• wheres caleb?
    wheres caleb?

I can walk into any KH and join the school, go out in field service, comment at any study, and not one elder would challenge me. I know a few elders that are begging me to go back and not one of them views me as an apostate.

I refuse to be a part of something that is so contrary to the example of Christ. Jesus did not condemn the flock for what it was not doing, he was dismayed by the condition that they were in and did something about it. He did, however, condemn the self-righteous pharisees for their judgmental and cruel behavior. His teaching was so powerful that people were moved by it. If the organization had the ability to teach that effectively, the internet would pose no danger at all.

It doesn't matter if you are a believer in the bible or not. The organization has a long history of justifying itself and projecting their own standards on Jehovah. They have no one to blame but themselves.

• battman
    battman

Hi guys,

When my wife started studying in 1974 I went to a Florida Atlantic University research library to find out about this "free no obligation bible study". I searched high and low about the JW's and WTBTS and found zip, zero, nada. When I was a college student I took several courses in research so I had the background to search mainstream literature. At that time there just wasn't anything to find so I ended up getting dunked in 1981.

After being divorced in 2000 and trying to find someone to date a good friend & brother told me there were JW dating sites on the net. I would never have looked on the net to reserach the WTBS but looking for a "hot" sister (is that an oxymoron?) seemed OK with me. About the first thing I came across was this site. What a treasure trove of information, free and open debate and people who really, really care and love each other and most of us have never even met face to face. thanks Simon and all who have posted here over the years.

The WTBTS Publishing Empire which for nearly 100 years was one of the world's great publishing machines can not hold a candle to even one individual with a computer and dial up. Like the TV commercial which shows a college class room where the Prof is rambling on about how capital intensive it is to publish on a large scale and a student speaks up to inform the Old Prof about the power of desktop publishing.

Say goodbye WTBTS.

battman

Sleepy

• JT
    JT

I think the internet has made it easier for people to confirm their doubts about the wachtower org and made it easier for them to leave.But to look at aposate stuff on the internet you most probably are already having doubts.

Maybe in the past people had doubts but found it hard to get the relevent information to confirm them so tagged along as token witnesses , now they can easily locate information regarding the watchtoer societyI think the internet has made it easier for people to confirm their doubts about the wachtower org and made it easier for them to leave.But to look at aposate stuff on the internet you most probably are already having doubts.

Maybe in the past people had doubts but found it hard to get the relevent information to confirm them so tagged along as token witnesses , now they can easily locate information regarding the watchtoer societyI think the internet has made it easier for people to confirm their doubts about the wachtower org and made it easier for them to leave.

But to look at aposate stuff on the internet you most probably are already having doubts.Maybe in the past people had doubts but found it hard to get the relevent information to confirm them so tagged along as token witnesses , now they can easily locate information regarding the watchtoer society

#####

excellent post

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

the intenet for me did not "get me out" it did however help me to "firm up" my decision to stay out it gave me lots of information that helped me to understand why I was having all these questions and showed clearly that i was RIGHT to have them so in that regard it was very good I think in the future it will really be a help to people who want out even more so and maybe one day soon it will actually help put the questions INTO peoples minds!

• jgnat
    jgnat

Compare the hits for anti-sites between Watkins and Amway. Both sell the same type of products. The difference? One is a pyramidal, high-control organization.

Also, the WTS kicks out a higher percentage of it's members, in order to maintain purity control. That makes for a much larger EX community. So sad for the Watchtower. They can't keep their finger in the dyke any longer, the internet is overspilling it's free information across the land.

Keep in mind that the internet is helpful for:

• Family and friends whose loved ones are getting sucked in. We can advise them as to the best approach to coax their loved-one out before baptism. (freak-outs only make it worse)
    • "Interested ones" before they are too far along in the indoctrination routine.
    • Non-Jehovah's Witnesses married to JW's.
    • Jehovah's Witness youth on a covert mission to search out the "other side".
  • one
    one

Daniel 12:3-4
    Those who are wise [ 1 ] will shine like the brightness of the heavens, and those who lead many to righteousness, like the stars for ever and ever.

But you, Daniel, close up and seal the words of the scroll until the time of the end. Many will go here and there (surfing) to increase knowledge."

John 8:32 Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."

Footnotes

[1] 12:3 Or who impart wisdom

also at the website www.commentarypress.com anyone can find the best books, full of documetal evidence, written by a top insider, ex-GB member

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit