Is God able to help everybody all the time?

by Gopher 81 Replies latest watchtower bible

• kes152
    kes152

Greetings Frankie,

you asked: "Well it seem pretty stupid for God to direct you to use the bible when it is full of false statements don't it? "

Truthfully no. As mentioned to you before, not everything in the Bible is false. When someone needs to hear it from the Bible and will not accept anything unless it is in the Bible, God can use the Bible to reveal what is true and reveal what is false. In this way, the one who 'needs' it from the Bible gets the witness they asked for. There are many false statements in the Bible, however, there are many true statements in the Bible. If you read them both, you would know what is false and what is true, what is correct and what has been tampered with.

you said: "Sound more like you just pick and choose according to what scriptures you need and which ones you don't,,what you imagine to be God's bearing witness is just your own mind picking and choosing but like C T Russell you can't tell the difference. "

You say this because you do not know the things of the spirit. Something was told to you in Spirit and you look at it in terms of the flesh. The flesh does not receive the things of the Spirit and it is for this reason you do not know what it is like when God's spirit bears witness with your spirit. To your flesh it sounds like mind picking because your flesh does not know the things of God. Therefore, your flesh cannot tell the difference.

you said: " I don't think you can tell the difference between your own thoughts and what you imagine to be God's words."

Truthfully, I could. I have had many thoughts that I believe were true, yet the Spirit told me it was not true and told me why it was not true. Consequently, many of my former thoughts I have learned (both from what others told me and things I concluded from my experience) were false. I think one way, the Spirit thinks another way. He tells me "My ways are not your ways, and my thoughts are not your thoughts." I have learned this to be true because virtually everything I knew to be true, was false.

you said: "First you down the bible as containing falsehood,, and when I call you on it,, then you ask a question about yourself to make it appear you have not been useing the bible to prove your points,,"

I did not ask the question to "make it appear I have not been using the Bible," I asked the question because I was unsure if you were referring to my recent posts, or the previous posts some time ago. I just wanted to be sure before I answered your question which post(s) you were referring to.

you said: "when I show you from your own printed words you have,,you make up rediculous excuss that God wants you to use a untrustworthy bible to correct someones thinking. "

It would be difficult for you to understand why I was told to give that one a response from the scriptures because you do not know what is in his/her heart. Therefore you do not know what he/she needed to heart as a result of what was in her heart. The Spirit knew, and the Spirit responded. It would be different for you because the way you feel and what is in your heart, is not the way he/she feels or what is/was in his/her heart. That is why the post to him/her was different from the post to you. You and him/her are/were not the same and what he/she needed was/is not what you need.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Kes,

you said: "Sound more like you just pick and choose according to what scriptures you need and which ones you don't,,what you imagine to be God's bearing witness is just your own mind picking and choosing but like C T Russell you can't tell the difference." You say this because you do not know the things of the spirit. Something was told to you in Spirit and you look at it in terms of the flesh. The flesh does not receive the things of the Spirit and it is for this reason you do not know what it is like when God's spirit bears witness with your spirit. To your flesh it sounds like mind picking because your flesh does not know the things of God. Therefore, your flesh cannot tell the difference.

What a lame bunch of reasoning. I'm not rejecting your claims to speak for God because I'm fleshly,, I'm rejecting your claim because you sound like a religious nut..that's thinks he's got a special calling to speak for God.

It would be difficult for you to understand why I was told to give that one a response from the scriptures because you do not know what is in his/her heart. Therefore you do not know what he/she needed to heart as a result of what was in her heart. The Spirit knew, and the Spirit responded. It would be different for you because the way you feel and what is in your heart, is not the way he/she feels or what is/was in his/her heart. That is why the post to him/her was different from the post to you. You and him/her are/were not the same and what he/she needed was/is not what you need.
    Well that's your take on it anyway,,but you should ask yourself this question: If God is directing you to speak to people on this board in a manner that will be most helpful to them personally then why have none on this board ever taken you seriously???? Seem like you and your God are batting zero.
  • mouthy
    mouthy

I havent read all the answers -so forgive me if I repeat anothers thought on this.

My personal opinion is- Christians ( born again believers) are said in scripture to be the "body of Christ" HE-Jesus being the head!!! I believe we are part of the body!!!! So yes! if we are HIS hands, feet, heart etc- When WE see a need - we will use the parts of the body that is needed at that moment- Maybe the hands to hold a heavy object for the elderly- maybe hold a crying baby for a frustrated Mum, maybe the feet to walk to the store for a person needing help ,maybe the shoulder for a person to cry on,Maybe the listening ear. I could go on & on. But you get the jist of it all.
    The rich people have maids-butlers chauffers( cant spell it lol) God !!!! has HIS friends that have told HIM "Here am I send me send me" Ouch!!!!!!! I know that brings back horrible memories, but HE didnt ask us to go door to door- He just asked us to copy the Good Samaritian

Cheers. ( my 2 cents as you know !!!!

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Frankie:

If God is directing you to speak to people on this board in a manner that will be most helpful to them personally then why have none on this board ever taken you seriously???? Seem like you and your God are batting zero.

Not a particularly good question, giving the precident of Jeremiah...

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

LT,

Not a particularly good question, giving the precident of Jeremiah...

What precident of jerimiah are you refering too. Of course you know that just like the book of Daniel which claims to be written by Daniel around the time of the despora and was found to be false so likewise the book of Jerimiah makes lot of fabrications. Anyway Kes admits the bible has many errors so we can't use Jerimiah as a teaching point because it likewise many falsehoods recorded as history.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

The precident (according to the bible account) of not having anyone listen to him

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

LT,

Think about how unreasonable this is:

God is love,,so he warns his people by means of somebody that nobody listens too or takes seriously(jerimiah),,why would a God who is suppose to be loving and have only the best intensions use somebody that nobody is going to listen too??? Espescially if it means severe suffering if they don't listen. You would think that God would give lots of signs and miracles so that people would listen,,why would God expect us to just follow anybody claiming to represent him unless he provided reasonable proof they were really sent by him. I mean see what trouble we got ourselves into when we accepted the WT claim to represent God so why would God expect us to just listen to anyone claiming to represent him it only makes us victims.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Frankie:
    Why leave it there, dude?
    Assyria had taken out the Northern kingdom, Babylon was becoming a World power, and would soon claim the lot, Cyrus' father had just been born (setting up another Middle-Eastern conflict - if, indeed he was a factual character), there was never again to be a king of the Davidic line ruling over the ocuntry, there were several full moons, and back in Jerusalem the guy was "underground"!!!

Talking of which I remember hearing a talk, when I was a kid, of Jeremiah being "underground". I had pictures in my mind of him living in a covered pit in the ground, with his secretary going for food

Do you get the impression I've "thought about it"? LOL

In fairness, I think you'll find Aaron consistently telling folks to open their own ears and hear.
    He hasn't posted all that much. Even a cursory glance reveals that fact. along with his [once more stated] view of the bible

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

LT,

I must say I didn't quite get the first part of your post. But I will guess it was to say that youv'e thought about jerimiah and are not completely sure he was a real person(?). At least that what I think you were getting accross.

The last part I think you were implying you think Aaron is a harmless person who has dellusions of being a spokeman for God and I don't have to worry about anybody being misled by him(?). And I think so too. (if that is what you meant. I don't see Aaron as a bad person for claiming to speak for God,,but I do feel anybody making such claims needs to be put to the test even if it is embarassing to be caught in a lie.

• dolphman
    dolphman

I believe we view God too much in the literal sense of him being a person like us. I view god as a higher form of consiousness, that transcends death and doesn't view death as the end to anything. If people get sick and die, murdered, etc, it doesn't forever extinguish them, other than ridding them of the physical body and paying off a karmic debt. That's a big generalization, but would you be that concerned with death if it really didn't mean the permanent fate we believe it does mean? If it, along with other evils of men, were viewed as lessons to be learned, as steps to be taken to evolve the universe from where it exists now into a better place. Would death really be the concern that it is if this was an undisputable truth? A tree dies, but it returns to the earth to be turned into something else. Our physical bodies feel pain and die but our souls, our true essence, never die. So in god's eyes, what's happening is part of the evolution of souls taking physical bodies to further spirit and maintain the universe by applying the lessons of love and love lost here in the physical realm.

If you think about God being the source of all life, of every atom in the universe, then of course he would able to help everyone at every time. If not, an angel could do it. I believe when we pray we are tapping into these higher vibrations, and do recieve help. But whether we realize it or not, we are created in his image which means we have the same capabilites to tap into higher universal truths and algorythms. We posses through the power of will, manifested by prayer to a degree, to change our destiny. We are helping ourselves.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit