Is God able to help everybody all the time?

by Gopher 81 Replies latest watchtower bible

• kes152
    kes152

Greetings,

To Gumby:

It is fine with me Gumby. I do not take offense to your words because the words that were given to you were not mine. They were his words. It is up to you if you wish to believe what is true, or believe what you want to believe. If you 'see' people and you believe they are crying out for help and you believe that God does not help them according to what your eyes show you and you wish to rely on what your own eyes reveal to you, then you will fall victim to what your eyes tell you, whether it is true or false (it is true that what you 'see' is not always what is). If you have already decided in your heart to only believe what you see, then you will not hear anything that is true, only what agrees with what you see. For as long as you continue to wish this, this will always be the case with you. If you wish to change and want to change... you will change. If you wish to remain as you are, you will remain as you are.

To Terry:

As the Professor you spoke with began to bring out, many people are misled by the things they do not know or understand. Many who rely upon what is written in the Bible without knowing about the Bible do fall victim to many of its contradictions, mistranslation, mistransliterations, and are left with only what other people have told them or what their own thoughts believe. The scribes who copied the scriptures were condemned by the Christ for their corruption back then. How much more so would the corruption be now?

If we stopped assuming, stopped relying upon what others told us, and learned to rely upon the One from whom all truth comes from, we would not be victim to these things. We would have been exposed by the Christ for our assumptions, for our relying upon what other people told us, for not knowing the things we THOUGHT we knew. If after being exposed of these things we actually came to terms with them and accpeted them, we would then know (if we wanted to) what is true as opposed to what others were misled to believe. We know what we "want" to know, and we believe what we "want" to believe. Many Professors, Teachers, Psychologists and others in the world know things that are true because they keep "asking." Those who 'ask' for what is true, receive what is true because the Christ gives to anyone asking, ANYONE seeking, anyone knocking. Those who listened to what he said and use what he said, saw how it brings true benefit and begin teaching it to others. People ask until they receive and many times after they receive, they stop asking. This happens many times with Professors, Teachers, Psychologists, and others in the world. After they have received what is true, they decide to incorporate their own insight into it and unkowingly 'color' it with falsehood. That is why many of what they say is true and in same same breath some of it is false.

Peace to you all,

Aaron

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Kes,

Many who rely upon what is written in the Bible without knowing about the Bible do fall victim to many of its contradictions, mistranslation, mistransliterations, and are left with only what other people have told them or what their own thoughts believe. The scribes who copied the scriptures were condemned by the Christ for their corruption back then. How much more so would the corruption be now?

How come you say the bible is corrupt and yet use the bible to prove your points?

• myauntfanny
    myauntfanny

Maybe god doesn't help us because he wants us to help each other (hey, isn't that straight out of Bruce Almighty?). When we suffer we learn compassion for others' suffering. In fact it seems to be the only way we learn compassion. Maybe in the bigger picture we connect through suffering more than through anything else. It's a nice idea but I have a hard time with it when I see, for example, my friend who has cancer and might well leave behind a small child and pregnant wife. Still, I can't see any other reasonable response in the face of suffering. We can only give it meaning by reaching out to each other.

• gumby
    gumby
    For as long as you continue to wish this, this will always be the case with you. If you wish to change and want to change... you will change. If you wish to remain as you are, you will remain as you are.
    For as long as you continue to wish this, this will always be the case with you.

Seeing suffering all over the world isn't what "I wish" to see.....it's reality, something you obviously do not see. What you are trying to convey, is the thought that many in the world that are suffering in fact ARE being helped by god in some manner" I don't see". Oh really? When a father rapes his daughter and she cries for help.....is god REALLY somehow helping her in ways" I don't see". When literally thousands die each day from malnutrition, is god somehow actually working in these ones behalf, but Gumby "is unwilling to see it". Give me a freakin break!

Frankie.........Aaron and AGuest continually use the bible to their own means, yet say it's been corrupted and isn't neccesary, yet this is the very book they base their faith on as this is the ONLY book that discusses and taught them about their own savior. Go figure.

Gumby

• kes152
    kes152

Greetings,

To Frankie:

When did I use the Bible and which point did I use the Bible to prove it with?

To Gumby:

It is true that there are many people who suffer in the world. Even when a father rapes his child and the child cries out for help, there are many occasions where God has stepped in and helped. He has even cured them completely of their experience and emotional instability. I have been granted the privilege to see these things because I 'asked' and I 'wanted' to know if God was truly helping them. I didn't want to rely on what my eyes of flesh see, because I know what my flesh "sees" is not always what is. If you want to see, Gumby, you can see if you are asking and seeking. But if you are not asking and you wish not to seek, how then could you find? How can you know without asking and wanting to know. If you want to believe what you already believe, you will believe it. But if you want to know what is true, and you keep asking and seeking until you find what is true, what bears witness with your spirit, you will find it. The knowledge is out there Gumby, and there is One whom you can go to and receive it. But if you wish not to go to him but try to see some other way, you will not find it. I do not say this to speak down to you, I say this because it is the truth. If you don't want to see Gumby, you don't have to see. This does not make you an evil person, all it means is that you do not want to see. But if you should decide to see, or decide not to see, in either case I still have affection for you.

To Myauntfanny:

The Father wants us to have compassion for others. He loves us and has compassion for us and it pleases him when we love one another and have compassion for one another. Many people decide in themselves that they need to suffer in order to have compassion for others who suffer and so they ask to suffer. Others can feel compassion for others who suffer without suffering themselves. If someone 'wants' to love and 'wants' to have compassion, God will give such love and such compassion to him. If one doesn't want to love or doesn't want compassion unless he suffers himself, such will be given to him if he wants it that way; but he does not have to have it that way. It is really up to us and our motives in our heart.

Peace to you all,

Aaron

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Kes,

To Frankie: When did I use the Bible and which point did I use the Bible to prove it with?

Well I just did a search of your post and my 3rd click om your profile came up with this,,I think it proves my point that you hypocritically use the Bible as proof texts and at the same time say it can't be trusted. Heres what my 3rd click of the mouse came up with:http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/69119/1085858/post.ashx#1085858

Hello Gretchen,

Our Father said to his servant Moses, "I myself shall cause all my GOODNESS to pass before your face, and I will call upon the name of JaHVeH before you; and I will favor the one whom I may favor and I will show mercy to the one whom I may show mercy." (Exodus 33:19). He later continued saying, "JaHVeh, JaHVeH, a God MERCIFUL and GRACIOUS, slow to anger and abundant in loving kindness and TRUTH, PERSERVING loving kindness for the thousands, pardoning error and transgression and sin..." (Exodus 34:6, 7).

Everything that our Father did and made known in the 'former covenant' was all done out of love. He is love and all things he does are out of love. He gave his people, Israel, law, bread from heaven, and a promise to become his favored people out of all nations. He gave them law so that Israel would be 'protected' from THEMSELVES. Israel, like any other people, need instruction and discipline. They need this so that they can learn the ways of protection and safety so that they do nothing foolish or impulsive that could result in their death from the adversary. The Father made a 'covenant' with them that he would protect them from all their enemies and he himself would be with them. It was necessary for them to 'obey' the Law so that through the Law they would receive kindness from their neighbors and kindness from each other. If they were kind people, even to their enemies, then if anyone wished to harm them for 'no cause at all,' God would certainly fight for them (John 15:25; Genesis 22:17, 18).

Concerning the 'christians' you had experienced, our Lord said, "Be on the watch for false prophets that come to you in sheep's covering, but inside are ravenous wolves. By their fruits YOU will know them." (Matthew 7:15, 16). They are judgmental and gossiping because their father whom they serve is also that way. They wish to do the "desires" of their father. Our Father, however, is not that way. Neither is his Son whom he sent in his own name showed himself to be that way. There is a great distinction and a demarcation set between what is good and what is evil, between what is light and what is darkness. This 'enmity' was set by our Father so that 'good' can be plainly seen from what is bad, that we would not be misled and know the good from the bad and choose the good. Those who demand you to 'look a certain way' and label you abusively because you do not adhere to "their standards" are not sons of our Father. The only 'measuring line' we were to measure ourselves with is the Christ (Isaiah 28:17). We are not to measure "one another" towards the Christ, we are to meausre OURSELVES individually according to the Christ. Christ decides who stands before him, and who falls (Romans 14:4). As for us, we are only to love one another and take care of one another, just as Christ did with us when he was on earth (John 13:35).

I think you forgot we can look up your posts.
  • gumby
    gumby
    If you want to see, Gumby, you can see if you are asking and seeking.

It's funny how regardless how many times you tell someone such as Kes that you begged, pleaded, cried, and prayed for years, and never was a door opened that proved anything, nor was touched in anyway.......and they STILL insist you didn't want it bad enough, or didn't wait long enough.

Jesus just don't like me, so you might as well give up too.

Gumby

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Gum,

Kes makes a lot of assumptions about God, and peoples motives. According to him all you have to do is "wish it" and God will talk to you and help you,,and if God don't talk to you and help you it is only because uou didn't "wish it". Funny thing is this jehovah wants everyone to bow down and worship him but he won't even give you the time of day if you asked him for it.

• kes152
    kes152

Greetings,

To Frankie:

Each post that I am told to write, is written according to the way the reader needs to hear. Gretchen, at that time, needed to hear it from the Bible because the Spirit said he/she needed to hear it from the Bible. So, the Bible was used to help her/him see what she/he was not willing to see unless it was shown to him/her in the Bible. Not everything in the Bible is correct. Yet, there are things in the Bible that are correct. It is this reason the Bible cannot be trusted because the book, as a whole, is not correct. Every word was not mistranslated, but many words have been mistranslated. How do you know which ones are accurate and which ones are not? Listen to the Bible's direction and go directly to the One and have your heart open and listen with your ear to the things he says. He will bear witness to what is true and what is not. When his Spirit bears witness with your spirit you will know what is true and what is not. In these last few posts, I did not use the Bible at all to prove or support any points. I only spoke what the Spirit directed me to say. This was because the one(s) to whom I was sent who were 'asking,' did not need to hear it from the Bible. They needed to hear it from the Christ. So it was for this purpose that I was sent to bear witness to what the Spirit has said for them.

To Gumby:

Dear Gumby, when the door is opened to you (a couple of times I have witnessed it having been opened to you) you close the door back and lock yourself up in your disbelief. You feel somewhat satisfied in your flesh believing that you were never answered, when in truth, you have been. Many times you have been answered. You leave yourself contented in believing you were never answered and then when you get 'hungry' enough spiritually, you begin to "ask" for the Christ but when he is again presented to you, you lock yourself up again in your disbelief and deny the One who offers his hand out to you. You want the Christ, but you have become so offended in believing that he never answered you (which is a lie) that anytime he does come to you, you reject him and deny that he is there. Gumby, the Christ will not force himself upon you. If you ask for him, he will come. But he will not force you to believe in him, see him, or know him. You have to want to believe him, want to see him, want to know him. He knows your heart and he knows the real reason why you call for him when you call for him. He knows about all the times you did it just to 'see' if he would come and the times you did it because you truly wanted him to come, and even the times you did it to spite him because you believed he never came. He knows all of that. Again, he will not force himself upon you because he truly respects your free will. If he sees in your heart you truly do not want him, he will not come (out of respect for your free will). If he sees in your heart that you 'truly' want him, he will come. It is up to you. Gumby, if you are unsure of your intentions when you call for him; open up your heart and try to see the things you did not want to see and stop trying to say to yourself that you were honest and you did everything right. If you look and you wish to see what really is there; you will see the 'badness' that you did not see before. Your spirit will bear witness that those things are true, but your flesh may get offended and not want to 'see' anymore and deny the things you have seen. It is up to you which one you want to 'listen' to.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Kes,

To Frankie: Each post that I am told to write, is written according to the way the reader needs to hear. Gretchen, at that time, needed to hear it from the Bible because the Spirit said he/she needed to hear it from the Bible. So, the Bible was used to help her/him see what she/he was not willing to see unless it was shown to him/her in the Bible. Not everything in the Bible is correct. Yet, there are things in the Bible that are correct. It is this reason the Bible cannot be trusted because the book, as a whole, is not correct.

Well it seem pretty stupid for God to direct you to use the bible when it is full of false statements don't it? and it seems even more stupid for God to have you use the bible on someone who know the bible is a book of fairy tales,,in order to correct them being that God knows the book is full of misinformation,,now how much sense can that make? Not a very smart God if you ask me.

Every word was not mistranslated, but many words have been mistranslated. How do you know which ones are accurate and which ones are not? Listen to the Bible's direction and go directly to the One and have your heart open and listen with your ear to the things he says. He will bear witness to what is true and what is not.

Are you sure it is God's spirit bearing witness?? Sound more like you just pick and choose according to what scriptures you need and which ones you don't,,what you imagine to be God's bearing witness is just your own mind picking and choosing but like C T Russell you can't tell the difference.

When his Spirit bears witness with your spirit you will know what is true and what is not.

,,yeah like you really know. I don't think you can tell the difference between your own thoughts and what you imagine to be God's words.

In these last few posts, I did not use the Bible at all to prove or support any points.

OK so now it seems you are qualifying your past statement to me :

To Frankie: When did I use the Bible and which point did I use the Bible to prove it with?

I caught you in a misrepresentation so you are qualifying it to a more limited time period.

I only spoke what the Spirit directed me to say. This was because the one(s) to whom I was sent who were 'asking,' did not need to hear it from the Bible. They needed to hear it from the Christ. So it was for this purpose that I was sent to bear witness to what the Spirit has said for them.

First you down the bible as containing falsehood,, and when I call you on it,, then you ask a question about yourself to make it appear you have not been useing the bible to prove your points,,when I show you from your own printed words you have,,you make up rediculous excuss that God wants you to use a untrustworthy bible to correct someones thinking. Sound really dumb no matter which way you slice it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit