This explains alot

by SheilaM 88 Replies latest jw friends

• hillbilly
    hillbilly
    How abourt some pro-Al Quida sentiment written from when they were **allies** and being backed and funded by us? Would that be ok? We should be singing the praises of the Taliban and Muchahadean (sp) for how they bravely stood in the path of the evil Russian army.

Simon-

I am sure that if some dear folks from the "fanbelt and towel hat club" would post some supportive words about their boys in bedsheets we would all have an equal oppourtunity psuedo-psyco- politcal bash-fest on their heinies too. (talk about a good sentence!)

Seems some folks on this board just don't get it. We don't hear from the face- east- at- the- bell- bunch cause THEY AINT ALLOWED TO BE HERE. Their mommas are PROUD to have em die... and would post some very moving tributes... but there Government wont let em.

Any freemen of Arab decent on this board? I'd like to here from you. Know many of you in the real world and you are all top people. And all of you came to the US or points elswhere to escape.

Maybe thats part of the reason our guys are dumpin' sand out of their alice packs and boots now. WMD and all the other things are an excuse... and every government needs "reasons". But the area needs some 'cleaning up.

Did you notice how nice Omar Kadafi got after that Cruise missle re- arranged his house? Saddam did'nt get the hint then. He gets his day in court.

Hill

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa

Naeblis Nopants ROCKS!

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

((((((((((((((XenaWarrior))))))))))))))))))thanks

--------------->Sitting back and watching Simon and others basterdize my thread

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

AHEM--

as far as commercial aircraft goes whilst you Brits were flying ( and crashing ) the first jet airliner.. the "Comet", Boeing was engineering and building the world famous B 707 series.

The B 707 is a direct descendant to the B52, (know in my part of the world as "the aluminum overcast"...) and history shows how adaptable a nukie platform can be in conventional tactical operations

The B 707 evolved into the 727, 747, and 767 class airplane...

I do need to know why the Brits can invent all this good stuff... and the Lucas automotive electrical system in one millineum... just crazy talk!

Hill (is this 400 yet?)

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

shelia--- look at all the positve dialouge you have created here!

Hill--- (and all my serious comments still stand sister)

• ballistic
    ballistic

I learnt a lot about Teflon today - went off at a tangent and wasted several hours. Go on - someone ask me something about it.

• Thunder Rider
    Thunder Rider

Damn!

As writer Sheila, I and others are drawn to well penned thoughts and feelings. When they hit close to home as was this instance our need becomes to share with those we feel close to. Subject matter aside for the moment, the writers use of words in rhyme required a certain level of talent. What I got from the poem was a man's pride at being part of something greater than himself, something historic and in most cases respected.

I know we are all at odds over the situation in Iraq, but tearing each other new asses helps nothing.

Pat you quoted this:

The sword of murder is not the balance of justice."

Blood does not wipe our dishonour,

Nor violence indicate possession.

As men have often forsaken the plough and the anvil"

Those words bring to my mind pictures of masked men standing over truck drivers and merchants, threatining murder. Not of uniformed soldiers carrying out the orders of politicians we either do or do not agree with.

Anti-war songs have their place as well. Peace on earth is what I wish for every Christmas. Trouble is not all celibrate Christmas it seems, and the "God" we all pray to is too busy with his pay-for-view and Nascar!

Poetry can be artfully presented politics. I think not in this case. The writer of this poem in no instance expresses that he wants to kill, yet in my poem "Alone" I plainly state that only the presence of Sheila in my daily life stills my hand from actively getting revenge on some that have wronged me to the extent that I feel the need to take their lives, and no one has any problem or was offended by those words.

Its all perspective ladies and gentlemen. You read into things what is reflected in your heart, mind and lives.

Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

Thunder ==}>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

Realist,

My point was if war bothers you so much, if the death of soldiers and civilians for the purpose of who knows what grinds at your nerves, then why would you use products that were developed for or are directly related to the increase lethality of the Military?

People here whine about the military industrial complex and yet many companies make more money off their civilian products (using technology developed from their military reasearch). GE Anyone?

" I thought they just made light bulbs" LOL

I hope noone here uses OnStar when their car breaks down LOL.

Maybe when you fly on your next plane you'll ask the pilot to turn off the radar LOL

Sheila- sorry for hijacking your thread..........2 much bacardi and it pissed me off that others crapped all over your beautifull poem.

• CoonDawg
    CoonDawg

http://www.bushflash.com/warpig.html

Generals gathered in their masses, just like witches at black masses. Evil minds that plot destruction, sorcerers of death's construction. In the fields the bodies burning, as the war machine keeps turning. Death and hatred to mankind, poisoning their brainwashed minds. Oh lord, yeah! Politicians hide themselves away. They only started the war. Why should they go out to fight? They leave that role to the poor, yeah. Time will tell on their power minds, making war just for fun. Treating people just like pawns in chess, wait till their judgement day comes, yeah. Now in darkness world stops turning, ashes where the bodies burning. No more War Pigs have the power, Hand of God has struck the hour. Day of judgement, God is calling, on their knees the war pigs crawling. Begging mercies for their sins, Satan, laughing, spreads his wings. Oh lord, yeah! --Black Sabbath, War Pigs 

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit