This explains alot

by SheilaM 88 Replies latest jw friends

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

Simon-- hate to tell you this but I have plenty of damp, old, cold musty buildings and a few traffic circles and crop circles and cows and sheep in the road to look at right here in Good Old North Amercia.

Tourism? Thinking more like "lend lease" and the other millions my countrymen have sent to the UK.

Hill ( ya'all are still pissed about that spilled tea, aint ya?)

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

Xena, Lyin, Wednesday, Lisabobeesa, Rev, Little Witch, Hillbilly and anyone I forgot....Thank YOU all sooooooo much for you kind words. WOW...I never expected to cause this much of a stir with a poem I liked

I do want you to know that Thunder and I are soooo touched. Your loving posts touched me so much...I can't even begin to tell you. Again thank you for trying to understand me, my motivation in posting this and my love for my son.

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

My sentiment here is that I feel like yeah there is a time for everything, but the title "this explains a lot" match with "propaganda or explaination" a title like "he trys his best" or something like that would might had been the best appeal for understanding. But Your title did it's effect.

Still :

I'm really sorry for you, but moreover for your son and the repercution he might have to face in the short or long run, about the why's and the how's (or worse). (what about the Vietnam's veterans ?)

Did he have the choice as engaged ? but to go fighting (that is when I feel even bader about that for him) That is why I'm against a professional (non technical - engagement in military but for survey) just because it doesn't give each individual the choice when it's really important about the WHY.

Maybe he feels good about that, and that's better for him ("if" he is on the battle field) to stand the situation ... and that is the only reason why I can understand (him and his familly) your views and ways ... but it doesn't help to accept your views ... that is when tolerance get into priority matter. And the priority here for everybody (to me) is not to support your views because :

We want him safe and back to home (ASAP) so in some ways without you to notice because of your need to feel good about the reasons why (to stand it or because you feel right), we are fighting against this war in our own ways. It is not against you at all ...

In substance what I think is that if the world views on this war was ok about it ... more sons on the battle field and longer (cause the irakies won't give up, and react in a way or an other - this war was not fair and not worthy) ... there will be no honor out of it ... just sadness and pitty nor anger.

WE ASK FOR HIS RETURN HOME cause we feel for him and the others (both sides) and not for the CAUSE.

• xenawarrior
    xenawarrior

Very well said Xena !!!

Good lord- with 325 active war and political threads going right now it is necessary to reply to all of them? You can't leave ONE alone out of just plain old kindness towards a long standing member who just wanted to post something surrounding her own son's serving in the military? I guess nothing/no one is sacred and thoughtfulness is getting scarce.

More useless polarization in progress.

Quite sad.

• Realist
    Realist

wednesday,

whether al quaeda or another enemy is quite irrelevant. if someone posts something that offends you you will reply to it.

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

Sheila,

A very nice poem.

Hillary

It is also ironic and a *fact* that many who argue smugly for the perpetuation of warfare are those who have never even picked up a gun in their lives, let alone aimed one at another human and pulled the trigger.

I have yet to pull the trigger- put I have picked up many.... .223, .30, .50, 40mm, 120mm etc..etc..

It is also a *fact* that many who argue against the perpetuation of warfare have never picked up a gun in their lives yet they benifit from those who have picked up a gun and fired at another human being.

Simon

What were soldiers going to do? Hit poeple with frying pans? Feed them fried food to get their colestorol to dangerously high levels?!

Gotcha!!!!!!!!!!!

Teflon is the plastic with the lowest coefficient of friction. It is also used as a non-stick coating for pans and other cookware. Teflon is very unreactive, and so is often used in containers and pipework for reactive chemicals. Its melting point is 327 °C.

Teflon is sometimes said to be a spin-off from the US space program with more down-to-earth applications, but actually its first significant use was in the Manhattan Project, as a material to contain highly-reactive uranium hexafluoride. It was first sold commercially in 1946.

Teflon's first usasge was by the Military to prevent corrosion from uranium hexafloride- ie the first atomic bomb. Cheers Mate LOL It was 200,000 people- but hey, cant have those eggs sticking

Well im sure you can put down your teflon products. Heaven forbid you use a benefit of war. Would you perhaps have a cell phone? How about GPS? Weather Forecasting? Cable Television? Plastics? When you travel, I presume you use prop planes- being of course the Germans developed Jet fighters in WWII. Heaven forbid you are using the internet- which of course was developed for the Military by the U.S. no less, hahahahahahaha. A computer! Dont you know that was developed in WAR to break enemy codes! You best not be using one of those! Nuclear Medicine??

I bet every single 'anti-war' poster on this board uses war based technology.

• berten
    berten

>...I bet every single 'anti-war' poster on this board uses war based technology.

So what's your point? That they should not not use this technology?

As if they have any choice.This is such a silly argument that it does not deserve any further replying.(Not from me at least.)

It really shows how desperate rightwingers are to drive their point home

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

Tentacle brain sucking machines are a good thing and should be mandatory in grades K-6.

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker
    So what's your point? That they should not not use this technology?

If you are so against war why would you?

• Simon
    Simon

CrazyDrinker

Teflon's first usasge was by the Military to prevent corrosion from uranium hexafloride- ie the first atomic bomb. Cheers Mate LOL It was 200,000 people- but hey, cant have those eggs sticking

What utter, utter crap !!

It was invented in 1938, way before the first atomic bombs and space missions. Stop trying to claim it was for military use !

Or did the military invent a time machine as well and go back in time to invent something that they would later need ?!

They happened to use it but it wasn't invented by them. I wouldn't expect them to say "hey, we can't use this ... it's only for frying pans"

sheesh.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit