This explains alot

by SheilaM 88 Replies latest jw friends

• Realist
    Realist

xena,

if someone would post a support poem for his son who is an al queda fighter would you grant him the moment in the sun?

• Xena
    Xena

Realist,

Shiela is a long time poster...she is a recovering ex dub like a lot of us...many people on here have met both Shiela and her husband...she is our friend ...most of us are aware that her son is in the marines....regardless of your stand on the war how hard would it have been to have let her have a moment of pride in her son? I seriously doubt this one post is going to sway anyone on JWD's stand on the war not to mention the millions of other people who don't even know JWD exists.

Your question is not valid.

• RevMalk
    RevMalk

you know, Sheila has a brave young man serving in our military and she chose to share something with us that touched her in a place we could only imagine and we then rip it apart and make it something ugly.

some of you people make me utterly ill.

regardless of our opinions on these things, can't we cut some slack to those that we know are going though alot at the moment, or are we so selfish and vile that we have to stomp on those that we should be embracing?

rev

• Realist
    Realist

xena,

my question is absolutely valid - would you allow the "enemy" to post something like this without responding to it?

also, i am not her friend, have not met her and did not know that her son is apparently in iraq.

• RevMalk
    RevMalk

so now the US military is our enemy?

you're comparing apples to oranges.

• Realist
    Realist

rev,

the enemy is in this war al quaeda, but it could as well be germans, japanese, koreans, iraqi or vietnamese soldiers etc.

• RevMalk
    RevMalk

there's an incredible difference between the al qaeda (SP?) and other national military forces, as I'm sure you're aware.

If we were at war with Germany, and a German mother posted a poem that touched her the way this poem touched Sheila, then most certainly she should be shown respect and decency.

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa

Responsibility does not only lie with the leaders of our countries or with those who have been appointed or elected to do a particular job. It lies with each of us individually. Peace, for example, starts within each one of us. When we have inner peace, we can be at peace with those around us.

When our community is in a state of peace, it can share that peace with neighboring communities, and so on. When we feel love and kindness towards others, it not only makes others feel loved and cared for, but it helps us also to develop inner happiness and peace.

-The Dalai Lama

The Nobel Lecture, December 11, 1989

Life is not so short but that there is always time enough for courtesy.

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

What is the mother's forum? Why would it be better if she put it there?

I agree with Xena , yet again......lol,,,,,,that this is about Sheila. Sheila's feelings about her son.

I would bet the farm that Sheila did not think this poem would stir some to read into her motive for putting up here.

I put things here all the time, because it is something that ......... I .........need to do for me, to help me get thru whatever it is going on. Weither it is JW related, ex jw related or what the heck is your favorite shampoo , I post for those who want to responde to me and have a laugh, a cry, or just talk.

As was mentioned, if you don't agree with the war, with another's political viewpoints,,,,,,,and,if you read that this Mother is expressing something that is important to HER, why not just not respond if you feel it may hurt her feelings. Saying her poem is simple, or saying the writer of the poem is no good , just seems like an insult to Sheila , whom was moved by it.

• wednesday
    wednesday
    my question is absolutely valid

No it is not. It is the same type of question Michael Moore ask Bill O'Reily, "would u send your child to fallujah?" if he says"yes" he is a bad parent, risking his child's life. If he says "No" he is a coward. He can't win, and that is why the question was asked. Also aside form that, he would not send a child anywhere. his son would have to be 18 and he would have to enlist or be drafted. so he is not sending him anywhere.

Al queda is a terrorist org dedicated in part to killing americans. Just b/c we exist. They murder people in the name of God. They feel God has directed them to murder us-it is his will. We are protecting our country, our lives. We were attacked. We do not want to kill them just b/c they exist-we want to kill them b/c they are trying to kill us.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit