Complement a Poster

by Black Man 90 Replies latest jw friends

• Black Man
    Black Man

Here's your chance to complement a poster whose posts make you think, make you mad, make you laugh, make you cry. I usually find something that I dig in EVERYBODY'S post around these parts. But I'll single out some peeps in particular. This is an appreciation post.

JT, Metatron, AlanF & Maximus: Bringing you the inside scoop on things.

LDH: I've been following her posts since the witnet days. I'd go so far as to say that a lot of her posts are what inspired me to start posting here.

Kent & Comf: Straight-forward cats, but are man enough to apologize whenever they go to far. Appreciate that.

Bigboi: My dawg........yeah.....

Simon: Balanced, stabilizing force here.

joelbear & jschewn: Interesting perspectives on things.

Mulan, VeniceIT, TeeJay: Know how to have a good laugh.

Fred Hall: For making me NOT regret wanting to leave the ORG.

I'm sure I'm forgetting a few peeps. But everyone I've listed off the top of my head (save for FredHall) are Must-See-TV-type posters for me. Dig a poster. Post who and what you dig about their posts.........

• chester
    chester

There are many many people who post here who have inspired me.

To name a few right off the top of my head that stand out...

All of the ones you named of course
    JT has had a lot of good input to this board and he stands out in my mind. By the way where is JT??? I have not seen him on here the past few days.

I would like to add Metatron, Had Enough, waiting, open_mind, redhorsewoman, Dannybear, Farkel, Wolfy, defender, larc, truman, jst2laws, Mulan, patio34, Amazing, seeker, Norm, Jurs

and you Black man.

Really I would like to thank everyone who posts here. This board has helped me more than words can express.

Chester

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

hmmmm...

I don't seem to be making an impact here.

If at first you don't succeed... smash it with a hammer.

Slipnslidemaster: "While we are postponing, life speeds by."
    - Seneca

• somebody
    somebody

hey guys, we ain't supposed to compliment people ya know.

2/1/98 WT
    "SOMEONE says to you, "Your new hairstyle looks great!" Is it praise or flattery? "That suit is just perfect for you!" Praise or flattery? "This is the most delicious meal I have ever tasted!" Is it praise or flattery? When we receive such compliments, we may wonder whether they are really sincere and truthful or whether they are simply meant to please us without necessarily being believed by the speaker."

"We may also receive praise from people who sincerely believe what they are saying and who have no ulterior motive in praising us. The inspired Scriptures say at Proverbs 27:2: "May a stranger, and not your own mouth, praise you." This indicates that accepting praise from humans is proper.

Not so with giving or receiving flattery. Why is flattering speech so displeasing to Jehovah? For one thing, it is insincere, and Jehovah condemns insincerity. (Compare Proverbs 23:6, 7.) Further, it is not honest. Describing people who warrant God's disapproval, the psalmist says: "All they do is lie to one another, flattering lips, talk from a double heart. May Yahweh slice off every flattering lip."-Psalm 12:2, 3, JB.

"Above all, flattery is unloving. It is motivated by selfishness. After speaking of the flatterers, the psalmist David quotes them as saying: "With our tongue we shall prevail. Our lips are with us. Who will be a master to us?" Jehovah describes such selfish ones as 'despoilers of the afflicted ones.' Their flattering tongues have been used, not to build up others, but to despoil them and afflict them"

"Flattery gratifies the self-love or vanity of the one flattered. It tends to give a person an inflated view of his own worth, making him feel superior to others in some way."

So...Black Man and chester,what are your motives anyway?

I'd add my compliments here to all the wonderful posters here, but I don't want to be resposible for contributing in gratifying their self-love or nothin like that.

Seriously, I enjoy so many posters here that there are too many to name. The people you've listed are some of my favorites. ( we are allowed favorites, aren't we? )

peace,
    somebody

• Seven
    Seven

Black Man, Nice meeting you and welcome to the board. Thanks for this thread.

Amazing, Frenchy and JT: Simply the best.

Waiting: The Queen Mother of Kicking Ass and Taking names. Love her posts.

RedhorseWoman: See above, except with a mounting block.

unclebruce: The best of OZ.

Essie: Best writer.

Farkel: An icon. Wish he'd post some music here.

Path, Cross, Kiz, Six and cafe regulars: Love these guys.

Simon: Yoda. The kahuna. Wise one. A big thank you.

Friend & AhHa: We had some great discussions. Hope all is well with you both.

seven

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

Thanks for the thread Black Man and welcome. I really cracked up at your "Jungle Fever" post and i've been enjoying the others.

I'll also have to chime in and say JT is a favourite. Very real and interesting comments, especially those relating to Bethel stories.

Along with the Bethel crowd, I'll have to thank Maximus' threads as of late which have been extremely facinating. Kismet's insights as well and his keeping comments honest and factual without exageration have also been appreciated.

Friend (wherever and however he is) along with Marvin Shilmer's comments re: blood have been extremely informative and well presented.

Frenchy: a reasonable man with a heart, great writer. Hope you are well.

Kristen, a special friend who helped me through. Thanks.

Although I don't care for her quotes, Waiting is none the less a great person and I consider her a good friend. She is also the woman to whom the board owes much of it's success to. Thank you.

RHW, thank you for your comments on board and your support off-board.

Ah Hah and Puppylove, both a bigger help than I realized at the time. Hope you both are well. Thank you.

Who would have thought Seven the "thread killer" could have endless ongoing threads on the same subject? Watching you do what had to be done and seeing from where you started to where you are now and for pushing me along the way, I thank you.

I've enjoyed JanH's arguments and I can say in more than one instance I've found myself re-evaluating things I never thought I would have. Enjoyed the Capital Punishment arguments.

Farkel's arguments have been great. Tirelessly going over the same things over and over again for the sake of the "newly doubting".

The perspective of someone living in Japan, the Society's former "jewel" have been enjoyed as told by JWD. Thank you.

The easy going "pub regular" Englishman's comments have been enjoyed.

Lisa Haynes strong comments since the Witnet days have been facinating. Good luck on the new baby.

Moxy and Expatbrit's comments with typical Canadian sensibility have been appreciated.

Amazing's comments, especially the "justice series" have been insightful as to what goes on behind the scenes and what goes on in the minds of the men who have to make the decisions they make.

Norm's posts along with his sarchasm have been helpful right from the beginning of my "online experience".

Joelbear's perspective and calm and peaceful manner in his posts are a breath of fresh air during turbulent discussions.

I also thank Simon for the hours devoted to this place and the personality and philosophy behind it. Thank you.

Ultimately everyone is owed a thank you for making this place what it is. It is a special place where, while we might have our disagreements and arguments, ultimately there is generally an atmosphere of respect and tolerance and the understanding that comes with a unique, uncommon past experience.

Path

• waiting
    waiting

Ahhhhhhhhh,

If I want to be taught - Ginny Toskins, Larc, Maximus, etc., etc., are teachers in excellence.

Laugh? There are so many - but SevenOfNine knows more jokes than anybody. Oh, and Carmel went he shows up.

Irritating? Aren't we all on one or more occasion............

Some of our favorites have come and gone - others yet to meet.

Simon - our favorite Spot Owner is responsible for our being here.

waiting

• waiting
    waiting

Yo Path!

Although I don't care for her quotes, Waiting is none the less a great person and I consider her a good friend.

Now you *know* what follows, don'tcha? Eh?

Critics to writers (quoters like me ) are like lamp posts to dogs.

Luv ya, friend.

waiting

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

UNCLE Bruce, when he shows up (where is he?)
    Valentina, a true sweetie

Sevenofnine, just so I can look at the picture and FANTASIZE

FRED for keeping it real....yeah RIGHT!, But freddie is an essential ingredient.
    SILENT LAMBS, just because
    AMAZING who is simply amazing
    CPIOLO, who hasn't been around much (or was he strictly H2O?)
    But my all time favorite poster, and I've left out MANY i.e. I LOVE the Justice files, but my all time favorite poster is....(drum roll please)..............................................................
    ..........YERUSALYIM
    ............................................................WooooHoooo
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Or humble, who knows, and EVERY SINGLE NEWBIE, who remind me why we're here

YERUSALYIM
    God is truth, and light his shadow.

Plato

• tergiversator
    tergiversator

Oh gosh. There's too many, and I just know I'll forget someone. But posters I always look for include (but are not limited to):

Farkel, Maximus, Tallyman, Focus (where've you been?), Norm, GinnyTosken, dedalus, Esmerelda, patio34, larc, waiting, Simon, Englishman, expatbrit, Thirdson, unclebruce, silentlambs, jst2laws, Amazing, JT, COMF, truman/LMR.. er, there's just too many of you. It's tough to remember the names of 2000+ people, let alone write down all the reasons why I keep coming back to this place to hear your thoughts.

What I love best about the variety of people who post here is how easy it is sometimes to forget that we all started off as 'dubs...

-T.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit