Why Don't They Have Windows???

by Sweetp0985 25 Replies latest jw friends

• CoonDawg
    CoonDawg

Security...as well as, in the old days anyway, HVAC efficiency. at least thats what they all told us.

Of course, the idea of no windows, especially in a small town, is great for starting rumors. One small town I was in, people thought we were doing animal sacrafices and secret rituals inside...then it was always followed by a smug "well, if you aren't hiding anything...why don't you have windows?"

Ern

• jwbot
    jwbot

Undaunted Danny!!! I went to that Kingdom hall for like a week!!! Bangor! I LIVE THERE! I was ignored then I went to Old Town because of being ignored, then I just left altogether.

But yeah most Kingdom halls I went to had windows. In Florida, I visited friends and their kingdom hall had no windows and I was freaked out and was like "WHY?" and they said that it gets so hot their that its better and more efficiant to not have windows but rather a nice central air conditioning unit.

Undaunted Danny: Do you want to egg a particular Bangor Kingdom Hall with me on Halloween? (In addition to some former landlords).

• onacruse
    onacruse

jwbot:

Do you want to egg a particular Bangor Kingdom Hall with me on Halloween?

Now, now, now...you naughty girl, you!

Tsk, tsk.

• observador
    observador

Because Macintosh is more reliable even though it costs a little more. Some of them are even migrating to Unix these days... :)

• zion sleeping
    zion sleeping

The reason there are no windows is because if there were, ones would begin to look out to the beautiful blue sky, and not listen to what is being said on the platform....by the way this is exacty what an older told me a few yrs back.

• cyber-sista
    cyber-sista

I have heard it is for security purposes, but I have also heard mention that it is a distraction for people to be looking out the windows and away the speaker. Both the KHs I attended didn't have windows--the second one being in the tropics. Both had bad mold problems and some couldn't come to the meetings because they would get sick in the halls--I blame it on lack of ventilation and no fresh air...that is another thread I will write someday about the KHs I attended with some very serious environmental problems.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit