Why Don't They Have Windows???

by Sweetp0985 25 Replies latest jw friends

• RR
    RR

Many Churches are built the same way. Few have windows, and what windows they do have are simply for show.

RR

• simplesally
    simplesally

Older kingdom halls have windows but the new ones don't......

insurance is cheaper because less chance of vandalism and break ins.

cost to build is cheaper.......

just listen to blondie, she is usually right!

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

And there I was thinking it was a case of the Cobbler's shoes, with no-one wanting to wash them...

• Poztate
    Poztate
    just listen to blondie, she is usually right!

OK ...What do you mean by USUALLY...I love my Blondie...

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny

I see some windows peeking out.

Dreary Bangor Kingdom Hall - 2029 Broadway Ave., Bangor ME 04401 ph. 207-942-4104 call and talk to the psychopaths!

The Bangor Maine Kingdom Hall is a nice spread.One or two rental income generating appts too.Hey,and no real estate taxes.It's still dreary just the same.

• L_A_Big_Dawg
    L_A_Big_Dawg

Two words: Insurance Premiums.

LABD

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

Well, I'd like to say that it's to keep the "light" out, or to prevent the drones from bolting, but it's really just to prevent vandalism and theft. The buildings are vacant most of the time, and people like to break in and steal or wreck places like that.

• Sweetp0985
    Sweetp0985

Something to ponder.

Being in the Dirty South, we do have the occasional hate inspired church burnings. But I rarely hear about people breaking into churches. I remember a KH locally that was always getting broken into and the theives would take the sound equipment. Why didn't Jehovah protect his house. I mean this is his house of worship, they shouldn't even need alarms. Just a thought.

• Corvin
    Corvin

I attended three kingdom halls in my lifetime that had windows. Sometimes they would even open the curtains to let the New Light in.

• qwerty
    qwerty

Just follow Gadets replies, see how many have glass!

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/75431/1216284/post.ashx#1216284

Maybe it's to stop Valis from looking in!!!!!

Qwerty

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit