Why Don't They Have Windows???

by Sweetp0985 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Sweetp0985
    Sweetp0985

This may be a question that has been answered millions of times but I've seen it in alot of posts lately.

Why don't the KH have WINDOWS? What is their bible-based answer for this one?

• Funchback
    Funchback

No biblical reason. Just for financial reasons.

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

I've been in KH's with windows.. everyone I went to in Australia had one.

• Sweetp0985
    Sweetp0985

Maybe it's just a US regulation then...hmmmm

• blondie
    blondie

It's half and half in this area, re KHs with or w/o windows.

There is no rule against windows based on the Bible; it is based on 1) insurance purposes in dangerous neighborhoods 2) it costs less to build w/o windows (easier to frame and no windows to buy).

Blondie

• Dan-O
    Dan-O

The KH where I grew up in Florida had windows. And I know that the one here has windows. There's a 'for sale' sign in the lawn, if anyone is interested.

• blondie
  • onacruse
    onacruse

Don't want any of that "light from the outside" filtering in, eh?

Like blondie says, from what I've been told (in the course of working on more than a few quick-builds), it's primarily a security issue; also why KHs typically don't have mail-slots. One KH in our area was trashed when some vandals took a garden hose, put it in through a mail-slot, and turned the water on full blast. Another KH (one that I helped build, and attended for several years) was burned down when vandals broke a window and fire-bombed it...in the re-build, no windows. Over the years, a few others were burglarized by breaking in through windows...and why the Accounts servant is never supposed to let money stay in the contribution boxes overnight.

• Sweetp0985
    Sweetp0985

I know of an account servant stealing some of the WWW money. BAD account server.

I guess it just depends on the area, but here in LA I've never been to a KH that had windows and I've been to quite a few.

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

All KH,s in my area have windows.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit