Congregation Picnics

by Funchback 44 Replies latest jw friends

• Petruska
    Petruska

I remember only one... nothing interesting...

Then I remember the groups... you know... those hwo where a 'closed cicle' where we could't get close...

• rebel8
    rebel8
    After the letter or suggestion from the society any such gathering could not be announced from the congregations meetings. Any invitations can only be made on a personal level, therefore there will always be the "one" left out due to being the one skipped over. For some reason IT cannot be congregation sponsored/setup.

That's my recollection too. Before the ban, I do recall a single woman turning up pregnant and the rumor was she got pregnant at the picnic.

In the '80s and it was terribly restrictive. Nothing fun was allowed. I remember watching a old movie with some JWs in their 20s and dancing to music afterwards. Good, clean fun. We were counseled by the elders after that because we weren't supervised by older people! Abnormal.

• Sassy
    Sassy
    So, what were YOUR congregation picnics like?

They were actually not bad...

however the last one I went to I got reprimanded after for wearing too short shorts to the picnic.

• Petruska
    Petruska

That sucks!!

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I remember the picnics... for some reason we had most of them on Memorial Day weekend at a park called Memorial park! lol Us kids always had a good time, dont know about the adults and thankfully I was too young to pay attention to the gossip.

Funny enuff my church just did a service with a huge potluck cookout (hamburgers and hotdogs) last Sunday. It was great.

Josie

P.S. the park was just down the road 2 blocks away from a kingdom hall!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit