Are Circuit Overseers Stuck in Their Jobs?

by metatron 51 Replies latest jw friends

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

What a bunch of tules. Two years ago I had 2 over for 2 weeks during their school...

They are nice guys, one the day they arrived or supposed to arrive.... 1did & the other not.

So I took it upon myself to cook them dinner the next day, seems like they had arrangements (guys night out). I got stuck with the food, It that

time I felt sorry for them & gave them $40.00 each for food. If I would not have given them the money, seems like they must of had it

since "guys night out" was all C.O.'s!

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

If the Catholic Church had something like a C/O position I'd go for it in a heart beat when I retire. Can you imagine...my $2000 a month retirement check...plus that envelope from each congregation...I'd be living LARGE.

• willyloman
    willyloman

JT wrote:

this organization is built on WHAT HAVE YOU DONE FOR ME LATELY

ask anyone who pioneered 15yrs ago - the ORG, OR FRIENDS don't care WHAT YOU USED TO DO

Another memorable line from the poster who brought us "the cheese and cracker men" (see above). So true!

• blondie
    blondie
    I remember Ruben Kobos
    Blondie....why does that name sound so familiar....I think I was rather young when he was circuiting but my parents talked about him a lot....didn't he also move out CA and now serves as an elder in LA???

Yes, Eve, that was back in the 70's. Yes, he lives in LA now and is a tour guide for Dave Sopiwnik whose travel business is based in Rockford Illinois and caters to the JWs (wealthy JWs based on the prices I see in his brochure.) Blondie

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief
    If the Catholic Church had something like a C/O position I'd go for it in a heart beat when I retire. Can you imagine...my $2000 a month retirement check...plus that envelope from each congregation...I'd be living LARGE.

Yeru the C.O... wow... now that's a picture I'll never get out of my head... Wow...

I tried to picture it. And now I'm trying desperately to STOP picturing:

1.) Having to go out in service in formation.

2.) Live fire magazine demonstrations.

3.) Training to kill a man with a reasoning book alone.

4.) Coffee breaks... in Baghdad.

5.) The pledge of allegiance replaces the opening song.

6.) Using spy satellites to see if neighboring congregations are "fudging" their time reports.

7.) JC's feature pushups, extra laps, and kitchen duty.

8.) "Friends, I see that our donations to the Theocratic Carrier Battle Group Fund are a little below par."

9.) The only circuit overseer in a Humvee.

10.) This week's talk: How to get around conversation stoppers at the door by using these simple interrogation techniques.

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

LOL @ Czar!

• Evesapple
    Evesapple
    Yes, Eve, that was back in the 70's. Yes, he lives in LA now and is a tour guide for Dave Sopiwnik whose travel business is based in Rockford Illinois and caters to the JWs (wealthy JWs based on the prices I see in his brochure.)

That would be about right in the 70's...well my sister converted her boyfriend into a JW he's from LA, and guess who studied with him? yup....Kobos! My parents couldn't stop talking about it, how thrilled they were.....of course I was already out at that time, I just didn't quite share their joy...

• minimus
    minimus

I do believe that many Bethel heavies, COs and DOs "know" what's going on but they truly are stuck. Who's gonna want a questioning, "disgruntled" former "organization man" around? No one! So they must shut up and deal with it.

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

One CO. would not work a certain circuit area because he felt that his wife would be in danger , so they were allowed to move to a more easier and safer circuit.

Another CO. had to leave the work because his wife suffered a nervous breakdown.

Overall a number of Circuit Overseers were kind and compassionate, and a number of them were taskmasters.

However, the end of the road for most of them is the same as it is for anyone who spent years as a Watchtower slave.And you are who, you use to be what, I think I remember you, what are you doing for us now? Oh your family members died,your not feeling well,you don't have any resources because you spent it in the best interest of the Kingdom work, ie.gave it to us the society.And now your spiritually sick, oh and physically sick too!

Have a nice day! Next!

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny

Confucius>[[[""And the FREAK'IN elders were so freakin jealous of me because I made so much money that they never made me an elder.

How do you pioneer and be an MS for 10 years and bring 8 people into the truth (tm) and not become an Elder!!! ""]]]]]]] Reply: Danny sez:'you ain't just sour grapes mate'. Regarding ;Jdubs who are eaten up with dog-eat-dog f**king JEALOUSY.James 3:15,16 :: The Message (MSG)

See this passage in NIV | NASB | MSG | AMP | NLT | KJV | NLV | ESV | CEV | NKJV | KJ21 | ASV | WE | YLT | DARBY | WYC | NIRV | NIV-UK |
    See this passage in Albanian | English | Français | Deutsch | Italiano | Latin | Norsk | Portugues | Español | Svenska | Tagalog | Arabic | Nederlands | Plautdietsch | Danish | Slovak | Polish | Russian | Romanian | Czech | Hungarian | Icelandic | Korean | Bulgarian | Chinese | Haitian | Maori | Ukrainian | Croatian | Greek | Swahili |

James 3
    15 It's the furthest thing from wisdom--it's animal cunning, devilish conniving. 16 Whenever you're trying to look better than others or get the better of others, things fall apart and everyone ends up at the others' throats... ?Think about it? [2 Corn.11:14------ 13 For such men are false apostles, deceitful workmen, masquerading as apostles of Christ. 14 And no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light. 15 It is not surprising, then, if his servants masquerade as servants of righteousness.....]

Danny sez's :"People usually imitate the God that they worship don't they?" http://www.freeminds.org/psych/hitchhikers.htm Hitchhikers Guide
    to Jehovah's Witness Types

Ya know I could never figure out (at the time) why in my 21 years of secular employment in heavy construction work with hard boiled worldly men and women.How it is we all got along and looked out for and cared for one another?

I mean my labor Union:Carpenters local # 33 Boston Massachusetts,set me up with two pensions an IRA and a seperate anunity nest egg. The money that i made during my active employment made the rank n file of my last stand Rockland Mass Congregation wicked jealous even though i was generous to a fault with my all good things.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit