Are Circuit Overseers Stuck in Their Jobs?

by metatron 51 Replies latest jw friends

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

When I was in the last throes of my Witnesshood, I remember thinking, briefly, "I can't leave because then my roommates will move out, and I can't afford not to split the rent with someone." I immediately recognized this as dishonest - to believe something because of financial incentives - and thankfully took the right course. But I can understand and empathize with COs whose fear over their financial future may prevent them from being honest with themselves. Sometimes we can repress stuff for reasons like that, without us ever realizing it.

I once told one C.O. he would make a really good salesman, if wanted to leave.

That's great! I wonder if that's what he's doing now. I bet he fondly thinks of you now and then. :)

SNG

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

The one in my hall says he was a pioneer and then became a C.O.... He canno retire, no social

security for him and the society has no program for old age C.O.'s

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

Many people give them cash in envelopes (they always dress well

many wear $500.00 suits and wear shirts with couflings) so I guess

they save alot of money for old age!

• Maverick
    Maverick

One has to remember that the CO is a corporate inspector general. He is visiting each congregation to ensure corporate policy is being followed to the letter! He evaluates everyone especially the members of the servant body. Is the membership loyal and obedient to the mother company? I am sure the WTS keeps close tabs of the CO's. Part of the control the WTS can use is handling all their material needs. The CO Undercover mentioned would be the rare exception. This man can walk away any time. I wonder how much influence this man's wife has over him?

I am sure many are sincere, but if they are not, they keep in to themselves, and I mean not even telling their wives. Most of the CO's and DO's I have met live for Mondays! GOLF! When they retire due to health issues they live at the good will of relatives or friends. Mother, (WTS) has no time for slackers! Mav

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

>I am sure the WTS keeps close tabs of the CO's.

We had a very prominent (in Germany) elder in our congregation. He once mentioned that he gives the Branch Office a report after the CO made his one-week-visit...

• Confucious
    Confucious

Frank speak...

Thanks.

Really felt good last night to get that off my chest.

Con

• Evesapple
    Evesapple
    I remember Ruben Kobos

Blondie....why does that name sound so familiar....I think I was rather young when he was circuiting but my parents talked about him a lot....didn't he also move out CA and now serves as an elder in LA???

• Mary
    Mary

I for one, have very little sympathy for CO's because all the ones that we've had for the past twenty years have all been a bunch of self-serving assholes. One especially left a trail of destruction when he personally gave all the elders who had to work shift work a choice: your position as an elder, or your job. One of them had to go. I don't know how many brothers were dumb enough to give up their jobs so they could remain as elders. He gave you one visit. If you hadn't found another "day" job next time he came to visit, you were deleted as an elder. How many lives did this dickhead ruin?? One brother in our Hall who questioned one CO's opinion was told by him in no uncertain terms "Don't you know who I am??"

Stuck in their jobs? I certainly hope so.

• JT
    JT

it is a very difficult life for most, many of us think of the co in the west, when you get into some of the third world countries they get the shaft

many co long to be called off the road to bethel, or assembly hall care taker when they get old-

since many co are in their 60-70yrs of age, from the 75 generation of jw who quit jobs, gave up kids etc, many are being asked to leave the work due to their wives health or thiers

they will lose the care, money and insurance, etc, short of a

my old roommate at bethel told me almost 4 months ago that is a major concern of the service dept he works in

many of them are falling into depression, the demands of being on the road are hard esp since they took away their trailiers afew yrs back

ted jaraz felt that since stayed with the frineds - then they should too, so they were forbidden to pull the camper behind the wt car- so many of them sold the camper- cause they could not submit any expenses related to the camper to the congo-while it sounds nice that someone else pays your bill, etc the problem is these guys expected to be in the new order by now-- some are trying to start little biz on the side and reports are coming back to bethel about it-

due to living in a "Mans world" these men are unable to take care of their wives - so here is man who has been Proud and often timesarrangoant as he has dealt with others for 30yrs now he must accept handouts

keep in mind that now they can't HOOK UP BRO on the convenitions with parts or appointments to city overseer, sub co , etc-

this organization is built on WHAT HAVE YOU DONE FOR ME LATELY

ask anyone who pioneered 15yrs ago- the ORG, OR FIRENDS don't care WHAT YOU USED TO DO

so according to my roomate depression is an issue they are facing, they have no kids, most of their family is sick or dead, they usuallly have no relationship with neieces or nephews or cousines, etc so now the congo is left to take care of them- if the congo can afford it

i know of those who live in the apt, but TALK TO JW IN THIRD WORLD COUNITRIES the co in those countries unless they are called into the Branch are given the shaft

some of you may recall that "Speical Pioneer arrangement" or the "pioneer infirmed list"

well the service dept is not assigning anymore to the SP arrangement in the WEST and less and less to the PI list since they lowwered the NUMBERS

yes the most loyal members the co and their wives get the shaft from wt

• itsallgoodnow
    itsallgoodnow

My heart breaks for them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit