do you believe only the jw's will be saved? from official wtbs website.

by candidlynuts 40 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• mineralogist
    mineralogist

They just didn't answer the question as it was meant! Same with all the other FAQ on the site.

And besides it would really be the best to buy some machine gun and kill as many people as possible so the won't be killed in Armagedon and therefore will be resurected - soooooo stupid.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan
    Wow, Dan and I posted almost identical replies, written in isolation. That makes "two witnesses," so to speak!

Great minds think alike.

• blondie
    blondie
    And besides it would really be the best to buy some machine gun and kill as many people as possible so the won't be killed in Armagedon and therefore will be resurected - soooooo stupid.

mineralogist,

I was at a funeral for a non-JW husband. The sister next to me said, "Isn't it good that he died before Armageddon so he will be resurrected."

Blondie said, "Oh, then maybe we should be going from door to door killing people if we have that philosophy. I hope you haven't shared that with anyone else here."

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes

Actually this is ture they are not lying they are just hiding stupidity. It all stems from the lingering reworded belief that the anointed are the only "real JWs". The great crowd are just "associated" with them.

The ansner about the billons of sincere people according to current JW theology will be killed by the beast before Christ comes. Then Gog of Magog will come and attack the anointed. The great crowd "not the target of satans attack" but are collateral damage. Then after some "celestial phenomina" Jesus comes with an army of angel to save the anointed. The Judging of the sheep from the goat now happens. You have the humans that are in Satans army vs the anointed and who ever survived. Then you have a bunch of A* whooping done by Jesus and his angels.

So that explains "Many now living may yet take a stand for truth and righteousness before God's time of judgment, and they will gain salvation." Notice not a number. Just many. They are winking to the idea most religious people will die as martyrs fighting the beast wars before judgement day and thus be raise.

The problem is it is a conflict of interest to broadcast this belief. It is the JW equivalent of mormon men becoming their own god.

And I realized why they keep using "millions of centuries past". It is a left over of the flood really happening. You can't have billions and a flood 4000 years ago. Plus "millions" is a poetic book reference. Apparently people in the generation of the GB were not familiar with the concept of billions being a small number.

• gdt
    gdt

One can only say that with all the cynicism, and condemnation, is it not time that you accept that the organization is saying to this question' NO, It is not up to us to judge'. If it is a 'correction' from previous;y stronger expressions, why not say 'fair enough' or is that too much to ask? gdt

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

Hi gdt,

Nice to have you on board. Yes, if it were really true that their view had softened, it would be interesting. But there are countless examples of WT literature taking both sides of the issue, so as to appear whichever way is convenient at the time. On the PR site, jwmedia.org, you'll find very politically correct, cautiously worded views. If you attend a district convention, you'll get a much different story. The point is that the WT Society gives different information to different audiences. It's not full disclosure, and it's deceptive. I didn't always feel this way, but I've now seen enough that I recognize it as the truth.

Just my two cents.

SNG

• gdt
    gdt

Hi Seatlle man....your remarks were accepted as sincere, and I guess you are right in many ways, we go to our district assembly next month, so I shall promise to let you know if it is said to that question 'Yes, survivors must be baptised persons living up to the truth.'

Can't imagine it though, a lot of publishers are kids, many not baptised yet, and I have always personally wondered what Christ would do with the ones 'about to be', as 250-300,000 a year are about to be getting baptised, so we must accept it is none of our business, Jehovah appointed Christ as Judge, and we should butt out of even the question......that's my thoughts anyway.

Next time we are in Seattle, will you talk with me?
    Cheers, gdt geoff.

• lurk
  • RR
    RR
    No. Many millions who have lived in centuries past and who were not Jehovah's Witnesses will come back in a resurrection and have an opportunity for life. Many now living may yet take a stand for truth and righteousness before God's time of judgment, and they will gain salvation. Moreover, Jesus said that we should not be judging one another. Humans look at the outward appearance; God looks at the heart. He sees accurately and judges mercifully. God has committed judgment into Jesus' hands, not ours.?Matthew 7:1-5; John 5:22, 27.

Interestingly, this is what was originally taught during the Russell years. That everyone would have the opportnity to learn about God during the 1,000 years reign, because that reign will be a time of education. How can you condemn people who have never known the name of Christ which is the opnly name by which to gain salvation?

RR

• shamus
    shamus
    But if you don't do enough hours in the field service, or go to all your meeetings, you can't have certain privileges.

Or have an 'elder approved' haircut, LOL.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit