Those big bad Bible Students

by RR 139 Replies latest jw friends

• RR
    RR

I stand my my statement on adultery. It's a sin. It is condemned in the Bible, were you living in those days you'd be stones to death. What God hates, I must also.

You want to throw the baby out with the bathwater, then go ahead. Live your life, I'll live mine. This isnot judgmental ... it's a fact!!!

As to "proseletyzing"? I'm not here to convert. In fact anyone who knows anything about the Bible Students, knows their not about converting people.

You know this use to be a fine forum in its hey day ... now it's full of hate for anything righteous, a place to whine ... I fel for you!

RR

• Dino
    Dino

JW speak again... More obfuscation!

Where did I say that adultery is not a sin? I didnt say that, but I really dont think Im in a position to judge anyone.

You come across as the same Nazi as before... and Im supposed to want to be a bible student? Sorry about that comment, but arent you still an elder?

As to "proseletyzing"? I'm not here to convert. In fact anyone who knows anything about the Bible Students, knows their not about converting people.

JW speak!!!!!!!!

I wish I had a nickel for every time I said that at the door, except with a jw twist. Once again, your self righteous world view is revolting. Also, in your crusade you have no solid answers for minimus!

Dino

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

RR,

Thank you for your post. I will revert to it tomorrow as it raises some interesting issues that I would like to address.

I stand my my statement on adultery. It's a sin. It is condemned in the Bible, were you living in those days you'd be stones to death. What God hates, I must also.

I think what may have irked Dino, is not that he defends adultery as commendable as I am sure that he does not, it is your attitude toward a person who has involved themselves in adultery and was punished by the WTS for doing so. To indicate that you are pleased for what happened to them in the way of 'shunning' begs that you ask yourself whether the Christ that you believe in would have said, "A good thing too", when he watched an adulterer stoned. Do you really think he would have?

I cannot claim to be a Christian though I think the virtues expressed in Christianity such as mercy and forgiveness are not just commendable, but among some of the finest expressions of human behavior imaginable. They are certainly preferable to the petty and vengeful tones often expressed by those who may one day become a victim of their own standards and learn the real beauty of the word 'mercy'.

I often think that Christ wasted himself on Christians, many of them far prefer the slash and thrust days of tribal Judaic conflict when men were men and women were raped and dismembered just so God could teach a object lesson without needing to invoke Microsoft Powerpoint.

Best regards - HS

• Dino
    Dino

HS, ole bud...

We've really got to meet up some time.

Looking forward to the day.

Dino

• RR
    RR
    Where did I say that adultery is not a sin? I didnt say that, but I really dont think Im in a position to judge anyone.

Okay ... I'll let the scriptures speak .... "Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites." - 1 Corinthians 6:9

You come across as the same Nazi as before...

I guess Jesus was a nazi, Paul was a nazi, Godf is a nazi, and if you agree they were nazi's then we have nothing further to say to on another.

and Im supposed to want to be a bible student? Sorry about that comment, but arent you still an elder?

Like I said, we're not about trying to gain converts, if we were we'd be a lot larger doing a lot more. You see, you confuse witnessing to converting, it's not the same. We don't believe you must be a Bible Student to be saved, to get into the kingdom. God has a plan for everyone, whether you want to be in it or not! So do I want you to join the Bible Stuents? there'sd nothing to join, we're not a club. Would I like you to serve the Lord? sure, eventually you're going to have too.

I wish I had a nickel for every time I said that at the door, except with a jw twist. Once again, your self righteous world view is revolting.

If you said that as a witnes, then you did lie, because the Witnesses are all about conversion, all about getting as many in the ark of salvation before the armagedon comes and wipes away the world of mankind.

RR

• RR
    RR
    I think what may have irked Dino, is not that he defends adultery as commendable as I am sure that he does not, it is your attitude toward a person who has involved themselves in adultery and was punished by the WTS for doing so. To indicate that you are pleased for what happened to them in the way of 'shunning' begs that you ask yourself whether the Christ that you believe in would have said, "A good thing too", when he watched an adulterer stoned. Do you really think he would have?

1. My comment was directed as two fold. Adultery is a sin, it is condemned in the Bible.
    2. Even if it weren't, the Society as an organization has rules, rules with infractions should one break those rules. Adltery is one of them. That rule was broken and punishment was meted out.

You don't agree with the rules? don't be a member, simple as that! You can' t have it both ways. You can't commit a sin and when you get caught plead "where's the love?"

RR

• Dino
    Dino

My God man, you really have no reading comprehension skills do you?

Let's go back to square one.

And what wrong information would thatbe?

RR

You cant and wont answer minimus effectively.

Come on now, cut loose. Defend your religion. Dont you have an obligation before Christ?

Or are you a pharisee?

Dino

• Dino
    Dino

I will BTTT this till the cows come home until you debate minimus effectively!

Dino

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

RR,

I do not want this thread to turn into a discussion about adultery, so this will be my last comment about it.

1. My comment was directed as two fold. Adultery is a sin, it is condemned in the Bible.

Yes, but the point is, so is lack of mercy and understanding. Would Christ have said, "Good thing too" when he saw a person stoned to death for falling into adultery? You seem to delight in the punishment meted out to this person by the WTS. I am not sure that this attitude is terribly commendable.

1. Even if it weren't, the Society as an organization has rules, rules with infractions should one break those rules. Adltery is one of them. That rule was broken and punishment was meted out.

This again is not the point. We all accept that the WTS has rules and retribution for breaking them. What is being addressed is whether your relishing the punishment that the person received is actually a rather nasty reaction. I admit that I was always the 'soft' elder, but looking back I can honestly say that I was always sick at heart when misery was added to misery during the Judicial Committee. You know why? Too many were heartless enough to say, "Good thing too", this is not about doing the right thing, it is about enjoying the failure of another human being.

I am still convinced it is a sub-conscious way of saying, "Thank God it is them and not myself".

Best regards - HS

• Dino
    Dino

bttt

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit