Those big bad Bible Students

by RR 139 Replies latest jw friends

• RR
    RR

Oh, those big bad Bible Students, taking over the world, a big threat to Christianity as we know it.

That was the gist of Rev. Robert C. Hill, Christian apologetic, who decided that there wasn't enough being done by the Christian community to combat the resurgence of "Russellism". He gave a talk a few years ago, at a "Witnesses for Jesus Now" an xjw convention, I was forced to attenmd by a Bible Student friend of mine who was curious. we were only there for a couple ofr hours during the intermission. One big WHINEFEST. The next day Hill gave his presentation on Bible Students. He at least did his homework and didn't confuse us with the JW.

He quotes me alot, anonymously, since I rarely have my name on what I write.

Here is the talk: Bible Students and the Watchtower

RR

• minimus
    minimus

I listened to about 15 minutes of this. I know of no one that leaves from JWs to become Bible Students...Actually, I do recall 2 persons that formerly were Witnesses, on the net that were often criticized for their views. But overall, I don't think this is a "problem". If Russell's views are revered, which I believe to be true, the Bible Students are probably worse than JWs. They should know better than to circulate incorrect information regarding prophecy or scripture. At least JWs will say, The light got brighter and that's why we don't view this that way any longer". BS's continue to promote outdated, downright silly views. Shame on the Bible Students!

• RR
    RR
    I listened to about 15 minutes of this. I know of no one that leaves from JWs to become Bible Students...

Actually, in the congregation I associate with, not counting my wife and I, there are 3 other xjws. There use to be four others, but they moved away and are part of another class.

I could rattle off a couple hundred names of former JW's, pioneers, elders, bethelites who left the Society and became Bible Students.

If Russell's views are revered, which I believe to be true, the Bible Students are probably worse than JWs.

"revered"? By some yes. Respected is a better term. And unless you ben to a BIble Student meeting or convention to make such a comparison, I wouldn't throw stones.

They should know better than to circulate incorrect information regarding prophecy or scripture. At least JWs will say, The light got brighter and that's why we don't view this that way any longer". BS's continue to promote outdated, downright silly views. Shame on the Bible Students!

At least we're consistent, unlike the JW's who flip flop under the guise of "new light". If it ain't broke, why fix it?

• minimus
    minimus

Yes, Bible Students consistently circulate incorrect information. I'm glad you can pat yourself on the back for this!....Just because I haven't been to a meeting, it doesn't mean that the Bible Students are still circulating incorrect information. I can still read.

• RR
    RR

And what wrong information would thatbe?

RR

• minimus
    minimus

You've got to be kidding, right? ...The time of the end in 1799, the testimony of God's stone witness and prophet, the great pyramid in Egypt and what it pictures, the time of the harvest from 1874 to 1914, 6000 years from Adam ended in 1872, the beginning of the Gentile Times in 606 bce, etc...

• Deleted
    Deleted

Oh leave him alone, Min. The DAWN people are way better than the Rutherfordites we all became .

• RR
    RR

Mini, just because you don't agree with what we teach, doesn't mean it is wrong. Don't let your bad experiences with the JW'sdull your senses .... ah too late, nevermind!

RR

Deleted ...

• Corvin
    Corvin

ANYTHING that has ANYTHING to do with The Bible Students, Dawnists, Russellites and JW's: Get it the hell away from me, LOL.

They ALL have the same origins and use much of the same ERRONEOUS information. One thinks they are righter than the other because they have a different view on this topic or that doctrine. It is all the same.

Kind Regards,

Corvin

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

Ah yeah, RR, 607 is wrong so turn to 606??? NOT.

BTW, I was at a BS convention in Germany once. I like that history stuff and am right know listening to the talk.

Interesting, but I think they make the "danger" bigger than it is.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit