Would You Buy A Lottery Ticket or Smoke In Front of a JW?

by minimus 36 Replies latest jw friends

• Country_Woman
    Country_Woman
    that leaving the borg doesn't make you a prick.

that makes sence - showing the dubs that the organisation is lying sometimes

I don't smoke but I do by lottery tickets whenever I want them, I am not a JW anymore. I don't do anything to embarres JW's or anybody else.

• Deleted
    Deleted

I wouldn't have done, but I'm past a lot of the emotions so I would. Actually, I have (cigs).

• Teela
    Teela

I didn't have to buy one in front of a JW I won one and got in the newpaper picture and all!!!

Shortly after I was df'd a minivan full of saturday morning JW field crew pulled out in front in front of me on the highway. I passed and threw my cig out the window. Who cares?

• Dan-O
    Dan-O

I can count on one hand the number of lottery tickets I've purchased in the past several years. They just seem like such a waste on the whole. But I'd still buy one, no matter who was watching.

And smoke in front of a JW? Sure. I do it every time I see my sister & her family, or my uncle.

• Insomniac
    Insomniac

If it were someone I considered a friend, and who would be put in an awkward position by my actions, I'd hold off on the lottery tickets. However, I guess it wouldn't bother me to by a ticket in front of someone who was just an acquaintance. I don't really get the urge to show off to the witnesses, nor do I go out of my way to thumb my nose at their beliefs; dubs and I usually ignore each other.

Oh, and I don't smoke, so I don't buy ciggies anyway.

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

I would never buy tabacco for any reason but a lottery ticket sure and if the mood stuck me I would at them

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit