Would You Buy A Lottery Ticket or Smoke In Front of a JW?

by minimus 36 Replies latest jw friends

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

No problem, everyone knows I smoke and that I feel the anti-smoking lobby is just another cult that gets it's 'scientific' support from lies, half truth's and deceptions in the same manner as the WTBTS.

Because I've never been dunked, I am considered 'harmless'.

Yes, I do buy the occasional lottery ticket, usually after a few ales too many.

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

"Would You Buy A Lottery Ticket or Smoke In Front of a JW?"

Sure, why not? I wouldn't go out of my way to smoke in front of them, but I wouldn't go out of my way to avoid it either. I'm not one of them anymore so it's a non-issue.

Walter

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

I bought some KY Jelly and some Trojans in front of some dubs at Target. Needless to say, they didn't have a look of pleasure on their face.

• minimus
    minimus

um...what would ya use that for?

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

For arranging my chess set, minimus :) You put condoms over the chess pieces to make sure they don't scratch and the KY Jelly's to make sure that the finish doesn't oxidize :)

Hey, if the JW's can make up bullshit about their reasons for being with the UN, I should make up reasons for me owning a tube of KY and a box of Trojans.

• minimus
    minimus

sounds reasonable to me....I'm going to have to try that!

• Gadget
    Gadget

We were in a shop today and were served by a jw. Valis bought cigerrettes, coffee, colouring books, chocolate, postcards and a bunch of lottery tickets, so I guess the answer is yes we would!

• minimus
    minimus

"Colouring books"?

• little witch
    little witch

I do as I damn well please first off. Do I make concession for the benifit of others? (not just jw's) yes I do.

For example:

Many restaraunts have non-smoking areas. I am asked for smoking or non-smoking upon entry in order to be seated in an accomidating place. Still yet, I ask my nearby diners if I may smoke. Simple as that.

As a smoker, I smoke for my reasons, and do not wish to intrude on any other patron. Sometimes seating is limited in popular restaraunts, and some who do not want to be near smokers must take whatever seats are available. I always ask people near me (in a smoking section) Do you mind if I smoke?

Usually I get either, " Not at all", or...." Would you please not, we couldnt find a seat in non smoking". At such times I thank the person and hold off until my meal is finished and I leave.

So you see, it is a matter of care of ones neighbor, not a matter of governmental control.

• gumby
    gumby

Minimus.......ya bastared! You finally asked a question on a subject I asked myself. That is......why do I NOT smoke in front of dubs? I don't and I'm not sure why. Many know I smoke, but I'll avoid smoking in front of them if I know they are/will be, around. Others have asked me the same thing and I don't know the answer.

( edited to add some more stuff)

One reason is......they were my friends and still would be if they would let me. I got along with most everyone and they were like family....many of them. I always try to be respectful and courtious whenever I have the chance to a dub to let them know ol' gumby is the same nice guy he was when he left and that leaving the borg doesn't make you a prick.

Gumby

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit