Would You Buy A Lottery Ticket or Smoke In Front of a JW?

by minimus 36 Replies latest jw friends

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

I would not only smoke in front of a JW, I would be very tempted to blow the smoke in their faces. But, then again, I guess it would depend what I was smoking, some smoke would be too good to waste...

• El Kabong
    El Kabong

When I first got out, I would have been very uncomfortable buying a pack of smokes (I smoked at that time...rebellion against them I guess), but never uncomfortable buying a lottery ticket.

Now, well since I no longer smoke cigarettes, it's a moot point for me. But now, after being out for some time, I wouldn't be uncomfortable buying cigars or pipe tobacco in front of them. The Hell with them.

• kls
    kls

Yes i do it when ever i see a jw . I puff away and there has been times that i am in a store and there stands judgemental jws leering at me ,so i look at them and say very loud, GIVE ME A QUICK PICK, i love the look of discust on their faces, priceless.

• minimus
    minimus

.....blowing smoke in a JWs face......

• Dolllie
    Dolllie

I was a vendor at a flea market at a Church (not JW) once, where the Pastor's wife "smoked". She smoked standing in the yard of the Church!

• avishai
    avishai
    I was a vendor at a flea market at a Church (not JW) once, where the Pastor's wife "smoked". She smoked standing in the yard of the Church!

So what? I would and I have.

• minimus
    minimus

Avishai, be nice to Dollie. She's a sheep....(close enuf).

• kls
    kls

Can anyone answer why since i have smoked and bought lottery tickets, why i haven't been reported to the elders, and been disfellowshiped? The jws saw me point blank.

• Corvin
    Corvin
    If you knew a Witness was in a convenience store, would you brazenly buy cigarettes or lottery tickets in front of them???

Just the other day I was stopped at a traffic light. Lo and behold, an elder and his wife whom I have known since I was a kid was in the lane next to me. I was sucking on a smokie-treat when I looked over and saw them. They were looking right at me talking out of the corners of their mouths. I chuckled and took another drag. No guilt, no embarrassment, no shame. Screw those tight-asses.

Corvin

• Max Divergent
    Max Divergent

"Can anyone answer why since i have smoked and bought lottery tickets, why i haven't been reported to the elders, and been disfellowshiped? The jws saw me point blank."

Maybe they're just being humane and not saying anything - it happens.

If you're not associating and the elders have been told, then if you start going back you may well be asked about it by a JC.

Would I? I'd probably avoid it out of curtosy, but if it happened 'accidently' it wouldn't bother me much, though I may be a bit embarressed on their behalf. They probably want to buy tickets themselves!

Max

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit