Would You Buy A Lottery Ticket or Smoke In Front of a JW?

by minimus 36 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

If you knew a Witness was in a convenience store, would you brazenly buy cigarettes or lottery tickets in front of them???

• blondie
    blondie

I don't smoke and would not buy cigarettes for someone who does, my personal feelings.

Lottery tickets are a waste of money, IMO, JW present or not. I would save my dollars for the blackjack table.

Blondie

• BONEZZ
    BONEZZ

I would round up all the cigars (don't do cigarettes), Jack Daniels and condoms and then have the store clerk announce that there was a party at my house.

-BONEZZ

• Princess
    Princess

Yep, with a big grin looking right at the dubbie.

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

I somehow feel this question has already been asked on the board.

Minimus running out of questions? *lol*

• minimus
    minimus

....slightly different, gotta think of the "new ones".

• undercover
    undercover

I don't smoke and think it's a bad habit so I wouldn't buy cigs for myself. But I have bought them for others and I carry a lighter. It's a cool way to strike up conversations with women in bars/clubs (dont tell my wife, lol) I wouldn't have a problem buying them for others or lighting someone up with a JW present.

I don't normally buy lottery tickets but once in a great while if the jackpot is on up there I'll buy one and would have not issue with doing it in front of a JW.

• minimus
    minimus

I believe many of us would think twice about rubbing it in their face----just because we might have tge right. Others might still have a little bit of fear in them.

• Angharad
    Angharad

I dont smoke but I was once buying a lottery ticket and not really paying attention to what was happening - Got to my turn in the queue and I looked up just as I handed over the slip - it was a JW serving me

So I guess the answer is yes !

• DireStraitJacket
    DireStraitJacket

I often buy lotto tickets when out with the family, I honestly don't see anything wrong with lotto tickets, I would even buy them if a JC working the till..

oh, whenever I win anything I make sure no-one sees me pick up the cash..

cigarettes, I don't use them, but I do buy for other people, its their choice whether they smoke or not..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit