Is It Possible To Reason With A Typical Jehovah's Witness?

by minimus 117 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Gumbastard, I was NOT at a KH! Ugggg!!! I'm thinking that if we could get a Witness to explain these dates, we might be able to show them how unreasonable it is to believe in any of this crap.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

The president of the christian congregation of Jeh Wit made a talk at our last assembly (patrick Lafranca)

It's odd, that I know this due to the internet, but he was not introduced, just bethellite for xx years

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes

Proved I was wrongyou green gum wad!

I trumped you witht the new 2004 KOTW publication.

Face it only "apostates" and critics need a "stake in the sand". Most JWs are fine with simply stating since "1914" things have gotten worse then turning to matthew 24 to reinforce thier point. When asked about the "restoring true worship" they will talk about being unitarian, with no hellfire, immortal soul. and a global brother hood.

Also the wts has in code abandoned the claim that they are the "true religion" because they are trying to get into emerging markets. Now they have rewrote 1919 to make it sound like Jesus helps them to preach since 1919 as brought out in the march 1st wt.

• gumby
    gumby
    I'm thinking that if we could get a Witness to explain these dates

Yeah.....right! You might get scholar.....he's about the only dubwashed mathmatical nerd idiotic enough to face the onslaught of facts and paper trails the society has left littered for all to see. The average dub lurks long before they debate doctrine.....and usually by that time they have learned they'll be proven wrong by those who have been there done that.

XQ.....I thought you went to bed and wouldn't see me talkin crap on ya........now go to sleep, get some rest, then do a thourough research on the religion you left you didn't never fully understand. Play the kingdom melodies #52 backwards when you go to sleep and you'll hear Ozzie's "Bark at the Moon" song..........really!

Gumby

• minimus
    minimus

When I slowly and methodically ask my mother to explain why the Society might view something a certain way, she has a hard time explaining anything. If I keep things to "just explain why you come to this conclusion just using the Bible", she gets defeated. I shared with her the Watchower that said Satan got kicked out of heaven on March, 26, 1918 and asked her how they could possibly know this. At one point after trying to defend what was written, she laughed and said, "OK. you've made your point".....Of course I doubt that at her age she would ever leave the "truth".

• kj
    kj
    I shared with her the Watchower that said Satan got kicked out of heaven on March, 15? 1918

That is interesting, Minimus. Do you know which issue that was in? I'd love to ask my mom about that one.

kj

• gumby
    gumby
    Of course I doubt that at her age she would ever leave the "truth".

My Mom is 80 and doubt she would leave either......the consequences wouldn't be worth the misery you'd fill your last years with for an aging dub. Hoever.....Mouthy did it. 'Percy' (COC) also did it.

In all fairness.....I suppose if you asked a baptist to fully explain a major doctrine......they would need reference material and a possible smarter friend they know, who could explain it. Betwwen the two however.....I feel the dubs would be less informormed at least on "date" issues.

Either way......people believe what they know little about if it makes enough sense to them, or they are vulnerable enough to depend on others words and believe them.

Gumby

• minimus
    minimus

Yup, people believe in what THEY want to believe. It doesn't matter what the facts are, does it??

• minimus
    minimus

kj-----I posted that thread for you with the correct date!

• onacruse
    onacruse

XQTP, if you're so sure that 1914 is irrelevant, then I dare you to approach the next CO you meet and tell him that you absolutely don't see any reason to believe in 607 or 1914...

how much you wanna bet that you'll forthwith be invited to discuss the matter with an "investigational committee"?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit