Is It Possible To Reason With A Typical Jehovah's Witness?

by minimus 117 Replies latest jw friends

• Balsam
    Balsam

You know one day all the so called annointed will be dead one day because most are up in age, and the Governing body will be taken over by the sheep class. Where will the divine information come from then, through the Sheep??????? But they are not recognized as having Jehovah's Holy Spirit directly so that may pose a problem. Can't wait to hear what they come up with. Now hey have some of the higher up Sheep Elders on the Governing Body. I know of one person who felt they were of the annointed and she left once they started putting the sheep ones on the governing body. She felt that the whole thing about the annointed and sheep was a lie after doing research. The congregation has left her alone mostly. In time the thinking will have to change dramatically and many will likely leave the JW. Because it will no longer make sense.

Balsam

• gumby
    gumby
    You know one day all the so called annointed will be dead one day because most are up in age, and the Governing body will be taken over by the sheep class. Where will the divine information come from then, through the Sheep??????? But they are not recognized as having Jehovah's Holy Spirit directly so that may pose a problem. Can't wait to hear what they come up with

They geared up for that a long time ago by explaining who would be the "Princes" that would take over of the Other Sheep class.

For the record......ALL GB current members are of the annointed. The presidency and other offices were designated to the non-annointed, but not as GB members.

As for the GB all passing away.......they can always continue to appoint younger well brainwashed robots of the annointed class, or pass the mantle to Great Crowd members who promise to follow all precedents written in stone by Freddie Franz cept for needed ass protection suggested by their crooked lawyers.

Gumby

• razorMind
    razorMind
    the problems are local and temporary and that she can outrun them if she just does more.

Hoo, boy...my youngest sister says THE EXACT SAME THING. That's her defense phrase right there: "It's just that congregation" and quickly the doors of her mind shut up tight.

Problem is, she's already tried to run away to about 3 different cong's and keep running into the same issues

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes

XQTP, the eschatological interpretations of the WTS absolutely demand that there be a chronological "stake in the sand." If 1914 'went away,' then what would happen? A few consequences:

1) There is no remnant, no "faithful and discreet slave," no "evil slave";

THe average JW has never seen an anointed. Considering the evil slave is from the 1914 split then they are all dead too.

2) Every WTS book written about "double-prophetic meanings" of Ruth, Esther, Isaiah, Jeremiah, Daniel, Ezekiel, Malachi and Revelation are totally bogus;

The books have always been "bogus". Just oppinion, advice, speculation, and conjecture of "fallible men" nothing more.

3) Matthew 24, etc, are all still future, and "prophecy fulfilled since the end of the world began" becomes instead "let's wait and see what happens.

It is already "lets wait and see what happens".

4) There is no "great crowd."

There technicaly has not been a great crowd since 1995. The name remains but now it means the survivors of the tribulation. Before it mean those "sheep like ones" seprated by the watchtower.

Pretty darn difficult to get people to work at 110% when you tell them that "payday may be sometime in the next century."

Nope some Buddist sects do it all the time.

"Helluva way to run a hospital" (Quoted from the Sterno-addict in Andromeda Strain)

Truthfully nothing happend in 1914 the wts need 1919 but the wts is not even sure about that. The claim in 1919 the gain "greater resposibility" over "All the spritiual things that belong to him Him here on earth." I can give more quotes but they think Jesus came to them a told them to print books in 1919. Who is going to argue with that? Do you really need numerology and date games for that claim? Their are ex heroin addicts that blieve Jesus came to them in the shower while they were ODing and told them to preach. And considering the anointed are nothing more than garden variety born again christians there will always be more.

• onacruse
    onacruse

Balsam:

You know one day all the so called annointed will be dead one day because most are up in age, and the Governing body will be taken over by the sheep class.

How about this alternative: The WTS suddenly has new light, and determines that the 144,000 is, after all, a figurative number.

Of course, having the "Nethinim" class is a good way to hedge the bet.

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes

I think they will just start proding youth to bethel service then convince them these "young ones" are anointed. Since any anointed living in the head quarters is the GB and the GB has no votes or sway on the board officialy this is a safe way to keep the same system indefinitely. Heck you can even get baby boomers with a few grey hairs and crows feet to try out for the new GB.

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

No ... because they do not speak from their heart. They speak from their brainwash, which is on autopilot.

ESTEE

• minimus
    minimus

Actually, if you look at any of the dates that Watchtower espouses, not one of them are provable. They take "faith".

• wednesday
    wednesday

i recall my years as a JWS. Not one thing anyone said about JWS ever got through to me. the minute someone started critizing jws, i mentally shut down. part of the reason is -I knowe nothing else. I had never had exposure to any other religion or way of thinking. It took being personlly hurt-and not just once but numerous times for me to even begin to think they were not right. even when i left, it was not over doctrinal issues. But now, since i don't have my mind blocked off, i can see why people say the things they do about jws. I can see clearly now. a jws will rationalize everything, b/c they are taught it is "us or them".

• gumby
    gumby
    Actually, if you look at any of the dates that Watchtower espouses, not one of them are provable. They take "faith".

It's about time you came back to your thread ya little Kingdom Hall attendin, Sunday go the meetin bastard! Where were ya? I said all kids of neat stuff, proved XQ he was wrong, kept your thread alive.....and you pop in like you never left and thought we wouldn't notice. Went to the Hall....didn't ya? About the quote above: The "faith" the average dub has on watchtower dates (eg. 607, 1914/19.......is faith in what the "Slave" says it means.........NOT based on a understandable knowledge of the math that is used. 99.5% of dubs could'nt explain from A-Z, ANY of the dates the society has promoted. Many have the gist of it.........but without a publication to explain it to another in a logical manner is beyond more than an average dubs faith goes. As long as they believe it....understanding it doesn't matter. Gumbabble

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit