Is It Possible To Reason With A Typical Jehovah's Witness?

by minimus 117 Replies latest jw friends

• kj
    kj

Thank you, Minimus!

kj

• kj
    kj

One more question- when was the book Your Will Be Done published? It's not on the 2001 WT CD ROM

kj

• gumby
    gumby
    One more question- when was the book Your Will Be Done published?

" Your will be done on earth" was published in 1958

Gumby

• willyloman
    willyloman
    Problem is, she's already tried to run away to about 3 different cong's and keep running into the same issue

razormind: Yep, they just don't get that the problem is systemic. It took me a while to figure that out, too. I kept thinking I should just change congos; then I did, picking the one with the 'best' reputation for miles around. A year later I was gone. Same old same old.

• kj
    kj

Thanks, Gumby

kj

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes

Ona

Most likely the CO will turn to mathew 24 then read it verbatim while citing things he saw on the evening news. Ill go "oh thats what I thought" and he'll feel all spiffy he helped some one along in the truth.

It is not a date the JWs use, but it is a concept. They could use 1861(Start of the civil war) or the old date 1874 it does not matter. 1914 i'll admit polishes up nicer though. They could erase 1914 replace it with "the 20th century". 1919 barely benefits them now since the inmates run the prison and JWs dont believe in apostalic succession. Explain how 1919 helps a bunch of "normies" run their book company?

• onacruse
    onacruse

XQ:

It is not a date the JWs use, but it is a concept.

Good Lord, dude; are you kidding????

• gumby
    gumby
    1919 barely benefits them now since the inmates run the prison and JWs dont believe in apostalic succession. Explain how 1919 helps a bunch of "normies" run their book company?

*scratches head for a real long time*

Gumbewildered

• Golf
    Golf

NO!

Guest 77

• undercover
    undercover

I think this thread needs to be renamed.

Instead of, "Is it Possible to Reason with a Jehovah's Witness?", it should be, "Is it Possible to Reason with XQsThaiPoes?"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit