Is It Possible To Reason With A Typical Jehovah's Witness?

by minimus 117 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

From what I can see, it's nearly impossible to reason with a Witness, even if you might consider them somewhat intelligent.

• kls
    kls

No , it is not possible . After 28yrs i give up.

• minimus
    minimus

I think JWs can go to only a certain point and then their brain shuts down.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Nope! They're right and the whole world is wrong!

DY

• kls
    kls

They do reach a point. When i would confront my husband i could see the wet-tower wheels turning in his head on what he should now say and think.

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

hell yea! You can reason with a witness..... but it's like pissin' up a rope.

Hill ( I do ok 'till their eyes glaze over class)

• franklin J
    franklin J

min...are your kidding?

been there, done that.

why would anyone want to reason with JWs ; that they have all the answers; they know it all. More importanly, they are convinced that they have God in their pockets? Reason with them? Bring a hard hat....

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

JWs believe what they believe because they need to. There is some type of issue that drives them to blindly believe, unfortunatly most are not willing to look at what the underlying issue is in their lifes.

They live a lie so they don't have to look at the truth.

• sunshineToo
    sunshineToo

No, they cannot reason. Their governing body has to give them the answers. Otherwise they get lost and scared. They only think in the way that the up state guys want them to think. And by following their "guidelines", a typical jw thinks he/she is exercising a free will.

• L_A_Big_Dawg
    L_A_Big_Dawg

Absolutely not!

My father is reasonably intelligent. But when it comes to things critical of Dubby-ism, his eyes roll up in his head, and he begins to droll out the sides of his mouth.

Not to mention, after his pace maker was implanted last year, I felt it best not to get the old guy worked up. Not that he has a temper, mind you. I only saw him lose his temper twice in my life.

LABD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit