Suicide Prevention

by ApagaLaLuz 40 Replies latest jw friends

• kls
    kls

Orbison, i can only answer for myself , i was 14yrs old and my dad would threaten it all the time. He would go in the garage and later come out ,if us kids would approach him he'd holler at us and my dad love to us his fists on us so we would leave. The day he died i was in school and my older sis got home before me and found him in the garage dead. So yes there were warnings but he kept crying wolf so no one believed he would really do it.

• 4JWY
    4JWY

w:

ie: saw and did all of the above to the detriment of my own well-being at times -

but when someone is intent on committing this act, unfortunately, it's sometimes only a matter of time and opportunitybefore they follow through on it.

• kls
    kls

4jwy, you are right , if they really want to do it they will one day.

• 4JWY
    4JWY

..... and the elders offer their own kind of "help" - that of the scripture "fix" - we witnessed a scene that was out of a sick movie in this regard at 2:00 AM with my dad ranting on about the end of the system, the importance of the preaching work, the judgement of the nations, the death and destruction of apostates/unbelievers, it's a FIGHT against Satan in these last days.... with the elder sitting there nodding his head in agreement, reading scriptures in support, and the knife on the cupboard nearby, waiting......

edited to add after reading this: sorry for the morbidity with details, but....

((kls))

• Shutterbug
    Shutterbug
    Unfortunately it's the 3'rd time I've experienced. Kinda makes me wonder what I'm doing wrong ya know?

You have done nothing wrong, and you are not responsible for someone elses actions. Having said that, I had a nephew commit suicide approx three years ago and I have wondered ever since if there was something I could have done to help him. This will be with me until I die. Bug

• Crazy151drinker
  • ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

Well everytime it has been a complete shock to me, and everytime I was with the person either a day or two before it happened. It's a sad thing when people think no one will notice or they wont be missed. Believe me you will. Do please do soemthing about it.

((((((Thread)))))) as well, my sympathy to those of you have been touched by such a tragedy, especially those whose parents did it. It's a difficult thing for everyone.

• kls
    kls

Chevy , my heart is so sad for you .

• reboot
    reboot

(((((chevy))))) poor you.and ((((friend)))))) this is so sad. Sorry to hear yo had sinilar thoughts and well done for carrying on...i know its not easy.

If you were with your friend a few days before they died they had the opportunity to tell you, please dont feel you could have done anything,It always amazes me how many poeple say that they were with their friends such a short time before....but noone can predict as when you decide youre going to do it you dont tell anyone-you feel relief and you want to go with the least possible fuss,it all seems so logical,and youre trying to do it 'properly' you dont want to evoke suspicion ,youre lucid.

Noone should have an feeling s of guilt,im so sorry Chevy-its tough on the ones left behind.I nearlt lost my brother

• Stefanie
    Stefanie

Sorry

I have had an experience with a relative, somewhat like you described.

Sorry.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit