Suicide Prevention

by ApagaLaLuz 40 Replies latest jw friends

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

I just wanted to drop a quick note. Last Thursday a good friend of mine jumped off of a freeway overpass and killed herself. Ironically it was the same overpass that just 5 years before I had stood atop and climbed the fence with similar thoughts in my head when my family had initially disowned me. If any of you are having any desperate thoughts please please please talk to somebody about it. If you worry no one will listen, tell them what your intentions are, trust me they'll listen.

And please take some time out of each day just to let those around you know you appreciate them.

Chevy of the 'providing the depressing info of the day' class

• RandomTask
    RandomTask

This is horrible. I get to talk to a lot of my sister in laws friends who are all teenage girls. The one common thread that most of them share is that they all are depressed to varying degrees. Some of them have acted out on this depression. It is sad that this affects so many and I wish I knew what caused it. I am so very sorry for your loss.

• desib77
    desib77

I am so sorry about your friend, Chevy.

(((((Chevy)))))

• Maya
    Maya

This issue hits all too close to home for me.

(((((Chevy))))))

I know what it's like to lose someone to suicide.

The guilt, for me, never goes away.

Thank you for posting this.......I can only hope that everyone learns a little something from it.

• DireStraitJacket
    DireStraitJacket

the biggest preventing factor for me has always been to think what emotional damage would be caused to the few people I care about

(((Chevy))) i'm sorry you have to go through this, it is something no one should have to experience in their lives

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

Unfortunately it's the 3'rd time I've experienced. Kinda makes me wonder what I'm doing wrong ya know?

• talesin
    talesin

Chevy,

I will light an incense for you, and your friend.

Will be thinking of you, but not worrying. I know you will reach out to help yourself get through this.

tal

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

Thanks Tale. I just kinda feel numb now ya know. Nothing really to get through. I'm fine.

Just hoping others out there reach out if feeling desperate

• DireStraitJacket
    DireStraitJacket

I think its everyones personal choice what they choose to discuss with other people and how they choose to deal with certain situations. As much as we can try be there for them, to support them, if they never choose to accept that help there is little we can do.

• talesin
    talesin

Three of your friends? Of course you are numb.

I didn't think you were suicidal, Chev, just that it is a really hard time, and it's good to know you are talking about it. ;)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit