In the aftermath of our shattered faith, for those who also wonder.....

by Frannie Banannie 55 Replies latest jw experiences

• Markfromcali
    Markfromcali

If you must, read and search for intellectual answers. At some point, though, you may realize - not just get it conceptually, but realize - that all concepts are just interdependent and relative and no ultimate truth is to be found there.

It only makes sense to know yourself before you try to use that self to know something else though. So the question is who wants answers? Who is this that wants to understand? There may be a tendancy to interpret it as a repercussion of having this shattered faith, but is it really a reaction to that or does it go deeper? Was it there before ever being a JW?

Along the way you might find the heart may open before or after the mind does, but ultimately it is a coherent whole without any conflict. When I first found this board I had just done a month long meditation retreat, and not knowing all of the stuff that goes/went on behind the scenes in the JW world I was really moved. In a way it's like my mind had to catch up or rather that gap had to be closed before I really got it together, but because it is really one it can be a starting point either way. So I would suggest just relaxing and being with yourself to start, if you never do that you just end up compounding the confusion and complication of others with your own.

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie
    I understand what you are seeking. I think all of us crave something of a spiritual nature to fill the voids left in us by the cult.

All of this is difficult for me, because I left the cult with a cynical attitude towards all things religious or spiritual. For obvious reasons. I also have a very assessing analyzing personality. If I can not see, feel, smell, hear something, I have trouble believing it exists.

I have longed for and prayed for some kind of guidance or recogniton or indication, that there is a spiritual dimension or God. Actually anything.

I have never ever experienced anything remotely close to any response or indication of a spirit relm.

If I ponder my situation, I feel totally lost or abandoned. This seems so unfair that I get irritated with the whole thing. So I don't pursue it anymore.

I envy those of you who have these experiences and would like to find my way there also.

Not to belittle anyone or hurt them, I will say that when I read about the psychic or religious experiences of others, my first mental response is to not believe it or question the validity of what is said.

I seldom reveal this to them, since I don't want to demean others or their beliefs. As long as they do not try to force them on me.

I wonder how many of us are caught in the same situation I am in?

Enjoyed your post, good humor and tolerance of me, Frannie.

(((Outoftheorg))) Are you sure your real name isn't "Abby/A.B. Normal"? j/k

.....and the flip side of the coin is that those who've had such experiences dread to tell others about them because of such perfectly normal attitudes of skepticism on the part of those who haven't.....but, yanno?.....I also have a tendency to be skeptical of others' related experiences.....the why of it lies in the fact that those who haven't had these experiences are in the vast majority, ergo the attitude of skepticism and downright ridicule toward those who have had these experiences prevails.....and because of this even those who've had these experiences are caused to doubt their validity or lucidity in regard to their occurrences.

The majority of mankind has and will always be skeptical to the point of ridicule and outright censure of things about which they have no personal knowledge or experience.

Thanks, Ooto....You're a "mensch" (sp?)

Frannie B

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie
    The journey to find one's "truth", is very individual and private.

First of all, I agree that the Bible is not "written by men who were directed by god" for the purpose of being this all complete documentation of who made us and why we are here. And, what are we supposed to do in this life, and what lies ahead. It is our cognitive early training that engrains the perceptions we have. If a person or an organization, religious or not, claims to have truth, the only truth, then a signal should go up immediately. ....you know "we are right and will be saved; and everyone else is wrong and will be destroyed". What an unhealthy attitude. Always living life for "tomorrow", and forgetting the beauty of life in the "here and now". This is how we're meant to live and learn our lessons and grow spiritually. We must be all that we can be, not what someone else tells us we should be. Once we realize this, we are truly free.

There is no one to blame but "me" for my own choices in life. It was and still is my own personal journey.

I totally agree on all your points, ((((Karen)))), and find them true for myself, as well. It's phenomenal that all of us here are on the same journey of personal illumination and so very reassuring to know that we have and can turn to one another on this forum and other xdub websites for a sharing help with the struggle we all are undergoing, eh?

Hugs,

Frannie B

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie
    I guess because I've never felt 'in touch' with a greater being, or sensed that there was a god out there that really cared what we as insignificant particles in the the universe (in our current form) did or thought, I'm also really sceptic about other peoples accounts of psychic experiences and spiritual enlightment.
    I just can't relate to their experiences

Well....there ya go, DireSJ....ppl are ALWAYS suspicious of the unknown, sometimes to the point of hostility, and I can't criticize that attitude, for I, myself, am often influenced by the prevailing opinions of the majority (of which you're a part, too, (((DireSJ))) to have the very same 'tude about it. Makes me get a sore foot (from kickin' my own behind) just thinking about it.

Frannie B

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie
    But.....that's just MY "take" on it all.

Bless yer little pea-pickin' heart, ((((Annie)))) Yeppers....that's pretty much my "take" on it, too.

Frannie B

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie
    So I would suggest just relaxing and being with yourself to start, if you never do that you just end up compounding the confusion and complication of others with your own.

Thanks, Mark....I hope that's what we all come to realize and are able to share with each other.

Frannie B

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit