In the aftermath of our shattered faith, for those who also wonder.....

by Frannie Banannie 55 Replies latest jw experiences

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie
    1. Because I'm a Sexual Intellectual (a f*ing know it all) I want to "know", too. But I've given up on that, for now. I believe in our tiny human minds that the source questions of the universe are unanswerable, because the answers are unfathomable to us.
    2. I believe in the Big Bang as the start of the universe and life as we know it. I belive "God" (He, She, It, They - far from any concept man can devise) started it. Just like baking a cake - we humans mix our ingredients in a certain way, pour them into a cake pan and subject them to a certain amount of heat for a prescribed time. Science happens and we have a cake. I think the Big Bang was the result of the baking time and temp- you bakers know - it expands and then sets. By divine plan, the universe took shape and divinely directed evolution took care of the genetic developments.
    3. Is there a god that cares for us? As individuals? No, I don't think so, not directly anyway. I do believe there are beings that do care for us, individually and collectively, hence the occurances of guardian angel sightings, ghosts, and demons (I believe there is evil out there, too), etc., and these beings have a heierarchy and responsibility, but not necessarily free will. I do believe in Jesus Christ (I do not claim to be a Christian), but his responsibilites are far more than the Bible records. Again, I only think I have the barest comprehension of something that I have no capacity to fully understand.
    4.I also believe in reincarnation. I do believe there is something after this earthwalk is done, but I am responsible right now for this life, cleaning up the past, making way for the future, and enjoying now as best I can.
    5. Hey, I barely understand how gravity works and why the sky is blue! I do know why the Green Flash sometimes happens at sunset.

LOL, Brenda! #1 (You're a freakin' WHAT?!!?) I'm not really sure about the questions.

#2 Why?????

#3 Why not???? I want my own pet guardian angel, btw.

#4 I'll definitely go along with a .....hmmm.....well...being recycled into another human newborn body....I had a "deja vu" experience of being an adult in a place I'd never been in my young life that was SO profound when I was a little kid....of course, Mama poo-pooed it...

#5. I'm not sure I know what the questions are supposed to be anymore.....

Frannie B

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

WOW, Annie! It sounds like you're singing my song most of the way through all that....THAT's why I started this thread....I wanted to "chew the cud" over this subject with others who've been are going through this....it's always comforting to experience not being "alone" (re: 'you're not alone')....

One big problem with my beliefs now is that.....before and after my df'ing, I had some of the most bizzare (sp?) and profound spiritual experiences, even to a transformation into a spiritual entity that was actually seen by another family member and seeing, speaking to and finally realizing that I had actually met Jesus in person.....and I wonder now.....was it all dellusions?....but how can it be, if others saw some of the same things as I experienced them or saw them? Were these things a product of our collective imaginations? Or resulting from what we'd been taught or taught ourselves? But how so since the experiences were not such that were condoned (approved) by the WTS, so they shouldn't have been a part of our belief system, eh? (scratching head)

Frannie

• Grog
    Grog

Well Frannie what originally got me out of the borg was reading a book by an author named Neil Donald Walsch

Its a completely different god than the god that I was used to from my witness upbringing.

At first I completely rejected the idea but after reading for awhile it really moved me.

Since then I've read all of his book and even went on a cruise last year and got to meet him which was a great expierence.

It changed my attitude on how to deal with my family who is still very witness. Instead of countering with how full of BS the witnesses where and arguing with anger I changed my attitude to an unconditional love approach.

Anyways.. its definitly worth checking out if you are searching. I love how it doesn't tell you that what it says is the "truth"

I suppose its rather new age in a spiritual sense which isn't for everyone but was totally refreshing to me after the JW teaching I had.

Check it out

Peace,

Grog

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0399142789/ref=pd_ser_asin_1/103-2511923-3483840?v=glance&s=books

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Thanks, Grog....I'll most certainly look for that book.

Frannie B

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

FRANNIE!!!!!!

YOU SAW JESUS IN PERSON. HOLY S*I* I HAVE NEVER GOT THAT FAR WITH A BELIEF.

QUICK, I WILL SEND YOU MY E MAIL ADDY. SEND ME A COPY OF YOUR BELIEF SYSTEM AND THE INSENSE METHODS YOU USED TO GET THERE.

PUT IT ALL IN WRITING SO I CAN BE CERTAIN OF THE FACTS.

DO YOU THINK FREDDIE FRANZ OLD CHAIR WILL FIT YA??

WE GOT SOMETHIN GOIN HERE KID. I GOT A PRINTING PRESS.

Outoftheorg

Outoftheorg

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie
    FRANNIE!!!!!!

YOU SAW JESUS IN PERSON. HOLY S*I* I HAVE NEVER GOT THAT FAR WITH A BELIEF.

QUICK, I WILL SEND YOU MY E MAIL ADDY. SEND ME A COPY OF YOUR BELIEF SYSTEM AND THE INSENSE METHODS YOU USED TO GET THERE.

PUT IT ALL IN WRITING SO I CAN BE CERTAIN OF THE FACTS.

DO YOU THINK FREDDIE FRANZ OLD CHAIR WILL FIT YA??

WE GOT SOMETHIN GOIN HERE KID. I GOT A PRINTING PRESS.

Outoftheorg

FB>>>>>>>>OOTO ()

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

OUCH OUCH OUCH

THAT STINGS FRANNIE.

ALL JOKING ASIDE, I HAVE A LOOSLY FORMULATED SET OF SPIRITUAL BELIEFS ESTABLISHED. THEY SERVE MY NEEDS FOR THE PRESENT.

I HAVE NEVER HAD AN EXPERIENCE SUCH AS YOU DESCRIBE.

I OFTEN THINK OF AND WONDER WHAT IT TAKES TO REACH SOMETHING LIKE YOU DID. SOME OTHERS HAVE HAD AN EXPERIENCE OR OTHER, OF A SPRITUAL NATURE.

NOT ME. IT MAY BE INTERESTING IF YOU COULD PURSUE WHAT EVER IT WAS THAT YOU THINK BROUGHT THAT TO YOU.

DID YOU RECEIVE ANYTHING OF USE FROM THIS OCCURANCE? HAVE YOU HAD OTHER THINGS LIKE THIS IN YOUR LIFE?.

I WOULD BE INTERESTED IN ANY OTHER HAPPENINGS OF THIS TYPE.

I PROMISE I WILL NOT MAKE A JOKE OUT OF IT.

Outoftheorg

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

Frannie,

Perhaps you "just feel so "waffley" about beliefs", because they do not give you the actual, present moment, alive reality that you seek. Beliefs, after all, are just mental concepts.

As far as "what about the existence of a supreme deity?" and "How is our relationship actually defined with this entity, if it exists.....Are the factors out there uncontrollable? WHY?" This, is what you discover when or if you investigate within.

When you discover the answers you seek, they will not be just empty words, beliefs or mental concepts; but rather the living and vibrant truth of your Being.

What you seek will not be found out there in ideas and discussions. Because what you desire is much closer and much more intimate than that.

j

• metatron
    metatron

To me, the fundamental contradiction is that an all powerful Creator is inconsistent with

the existence of the the Bible as his word.

If He existed in the way portrayed, the Bible would not only be a waste of time - but an

actual encumbrance to spiritual people. If God is an all knowing person, they why doesn't

He deal with us exactly as on the TV show "Joan of Arcadia"? No Bible would be needed

to interpret, He would just tell us exactly what we need to do each day, without slipshod

opinion or misinterpretation.

I'm going to a seminar on psychic ability. I keep hoping ...

metatron

• zeena1998
    zeena1998
    What you seek will not be found out there in ideas and discussions. Because what you desire is much closer and much more intimate than that.

What you seek will not be found out there in ideas and discussions but rather in the bathroom mirror. Because what you desire is much closer and much more intimate; as we are all, individually, a reflection of God.

Frannie, I understand that what you are looking for is a blueprint of sorts for a belief system, for proof that a higher diety is at work here. I honestly don't believe that you will ever find such a thing. What I believe in is that we are all able to be god like in the sense that we can all be good, giving, honest human beings. It is an EXTREMLY simplistic view but one that I believe covers all of the bases (ie 10 commandments). We need to be able to look at ourselves in the mirror and say that above all else, we did an ok job out there today.

As many have said before me, this is only my 2 cents.

Andie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit