In the aftermath of our shattered faith, for those who also wonder.....

by Frannie Banannie 55 Replies latest jw experiences

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

Well, my own faith has stirred up some contentiousness, but I thought I'd mention what I've learned.

That God's participation in the universe is invisible - but it is there.

That God exists - but is completely outside our existence and frame of reference, and therefore undetectable.

That purely intellectual perspectives result in insanity - without emotional components there is no truth.

That Science is a religion - and Religion should be a science.

Sometimes our ancestors knew better than we do - and sometimes they didn't know diddly.

CZAR

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie
    Hello! I am waiting,and I guess I just wrote my own eulogy.Hey,thanks for this topic.

Me, too, Danny....wouldn't it be wonderful? But I just don't know....I think the clues are here in living our lives and observing nature (human nature also)....and I also "choose" to be a "giver", because that's the way I am....

That purely intellectual perspectives result in insanity - without emotional components there is no truth.

That Science is a religion - and Religion should be a science.

Sometimes our ancestors knew better than we do - and sometimes they didn't know diddly.

Czar, I'm just not sure about the preciseness of the other points you made, but I DO see the "hints" all around me....and I totally agree with these three points.....fer sure! The last two are obviously so, and the first one is valid, because emotions are intangible....spirits/or a spirit.IMO

FB

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

Are there really "different types of spirits (both good and repugnant) out there"? Or is it all just a reflection of what we believe ourselves to be?: a tiny broken entity adrift in a turbulent ocean of confusing duality.

When all beliefs, concepts and ideas about the "me" are gone -- what is there then? Who/What, am I, really? Could it be that our actual Identity is beyond good and evil?

Believing in something or talking about it -- doesn't seem to help. What may, is silent and earnest investigation deep within.

j

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie
    Are there really "different types of spirits (both good and repugnant) out there"? Or is it all just a reflection of what we believe ourselves to be?: a tiny broken entity adrift in a turbulent ocean of confusing duality.

When all beliefs, concepts and ideas about the "me" are gone -- what is there then? Who/What, am I, really? Could it be that our actual Identity is beyond good and evil?

Believing in something or talking about it -- doesn't seem to help. What may, is silent and earnest investigation deep within.

Definitely some different aspects of these dilemmas to consider, JT....but do I only hear/see myself when doing an internal audit? That's not enough for me....

FB

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny

The quintessential question of the ages:Are we made in God's Image.OR did we make God in our Image? The parting shot of My DFing JC was this script.{ I'm sure it's "aop" canned } Applied to mean I am eternally damned and now mad with envy,having been booted out as a dub. [King James]Hebrews 10 26 For if we sin willfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,
    27 But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries. alt [and a big bronk cheer to that]

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie
    The quintessential question of the ages:Are we made in God's Image.OR did we make God in our Image? The parting shot of My DFing JC was this script.{ I'm sure it's "aop" canned } Applied to mean I am eternally damned and now mad with envy,having been booted out as a dub. [King James]Hebrews 10 26 For if we sin willfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,
    27 But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries. alt [and a big bronk cheer to that]

Welp....that's the big Q Danny.....along with everything peripheral....but my acceptance of the verity of those scriptures hangs on the questions "If I choose to believe that, will it be true for ME?" and "Can the truth be found only in the accomplishment of what I believe to be true?"

FB

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

"That's not enough for me...." A persons beliefs in God and the Bible are "shattered"; and they are confused about there being both good and evil in the world. Via "internal audit" they discover that the problems (the above mentioned and all other problems) are not due to uncontrollable factors out-there, but rather due to mistaken identity of who/what they (and all else) truly are. This, is not enough?

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie
    "That's not enough for me...." A persons beliefs in God and the Bible are "shattered"; and they are confused about there being both good and evil in the world. Via "internal audit" they discover that the problems (the above mentioned and all other problems) are not due to uncontrollable factors out-there, but rather due to mistaken identity of who/what they (and all else) truly are. This, is not enough?

Yeah, JT...I wanna know it ALL....what about the existence of a supreme deity? How is our relationship actually defined with this entity, if it exists.....Are the factors out there uncontrollable? WHY?

FB

• WildHorses
    WildHorses
    I attribute the obvious flaws in the bible, not only to error in translations, but to the natural tendency of a writer (as any one who writes knows) to embellish....this would also apply to those who translated by selfishly twisting (YES, they did!) certain points according to their own viewpoints, just as the original writers obviously did. Is the bible only a huge effort by certain individuals to dominate their fellow man/woman?

That's the conclusion i've come to. I do however believe there is a God/Godess. I just don't believe he/she can be found in any book written by humans.

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie
    That's the conclusion i've come to. I do however believe there is a God/Godess. I just don't believe he/she can be found in any book written by humans.

Me, too, WH! (^5's to ya!) That's pretty much what I've figured out....I think the written words are what block our knowledge and experiencing of this supreme being, rather than enhance it.

Frannie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit