I QUIT!

by Yerusalyim 37 Replies latest jw friends

• bem
    bem

Congratulations! I've never smoked, But I have been through the ceasing process with some friends,co-workers. the hard parts were easier to get through they said if they stayed busy. and my mom chewed so much gum when she quit you would think she was gonna chew a hole through it! seemed to help her not eat.a friend kept plain, un-buttered pop-corn around to munch on. helped her.

Wishing you success,

• new light
    new light

Good for you, Yeru! It takes courage to give up a habit so addictive. Best wishes in staying clean.

• Amazing1914
    Amazing1914

Be careful Yeru,

In addition to gaining weight, lowering heart disease and lung cancer risk ... one also stops burning up brain cells from the carbon monoxide ... but there is a terrible side effect. It is the worst of all:

non-smokers have a high risk of becoming Liberals ... ouch, the "L" word ... leaves a nasty taste in my mouth. Smoking

Good job quiting ... congradualations. - Jim W.

• Michael3000
    Michael3000

CONGRATS, SIR!

Explains some of the crankiness, though...

• codeblue
    codeblue

I am extremely PROUD of you!!!

My Dad smoked 4 packs a day and only lived till he was 65.......he was a heart patient for 30 years before he died...and because of smoking he had emphesema...

I never tried to smoke........My Dad smoked for everybody in the family and I was sick all the time growing up in that grey smoke!!!

I have heard that quitting smoking is very difficult.......so again I say: I am proud of you!!!

Congrats!!!

Codeblue

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

Congratulations! This is good news for your health. I've never smoked, but from what I've heard, especially by my hubby, it is worse to quit smoking than drinking. He's done both now. Quit smoking in Jan. this year, when the growth in his chest was found. Hasn't had a desire for a cigarette since. He didn't use the patch or gum, or even phase down his pack a day. He just "quit". Up until that time, I suppose he just didn't make the commitment, because he was trying everything, thinking that "something out there" was going to make the craving go away without much work from him. I personally observed him, and I don't think these aids are that helpful to some folks. I think it makes it worse even.

/<

• Corvin
    Corvin

Yayyy! Congrats Yeru! A fine source of encouragement and inspiration for me to quit.

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

It's your conservative will of steel.... never bend, never give up. Wow, CONGRATS!!...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit