If You Won $117 MILLION on a Lottery, What Would You Do With It?

by minimus 66 Replies latest jw friends

• hemp lover
    hemp lover

If this is the same one I read about, the woman was a housekeeper in her 60s. She's been cleaning up after others her entire life, so I hope she hires a maid with her money.

Every time the Texas lottery gets huge, I buy a few tickets. Then I take my dog for a walk and fantasize about what I'll do with all that money.

Pay off all debts.

Buy my ex-husband a house.

Take care of whatever my best friend needs/wants.

Start a nonprofit organization for single mothers, to help with daycare and college expenses.

Open a vintage furniture store specializing in midcentury modern designs. Travel the countryside going to auctions and the like searching for unique pieces.

Now I just need to hit my numbers.

• simplesally
    simplesally

I have seen at least 3 women who'd buy their ex-husband a house. I would buy both my ex's a house and the first ex.....well, even though he treated me bad, I feel guilty about the pressure I gave him to be a JW.....and feel I brought a lot of his frustration out and it just wasn't fair. I would set up his sister and parents as well.....not a lot of money, just pay off their bills so they could enjoy the life they have set up, for the future they planned, not a life of luxury.

I'd set up my entire family, including my ex's kids.

I'd buy a few houses in great locations like Europe and California. I'd travel but mainly I would set up a main house in a neighborhood (like the one I live in now) where my daughter would grow up normal not filthy rich.

• Lehaa
    Lehaa

That's nice youd buy your ex's family houses, I wouldn't buy one for my ex's, my ex's family made it quite known that they did not like me. Made life difficult for me no matter what I did.

My ex though definately, let him pick whatever he wanted and furnish it for him, get him all the staff he needed to make his life comfortable.

• Quotes
    Quotes

(singing the Bare Naked Ladies song...)

I'd buy you a Fur Coat
    But not a real Fur Coat, that's cruel!

~Quotes, of the "Kraft Dinner with expensive Dijon Ketchups" class

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Just off the top of my head----I'd have a large custom-built log home on Cape Cod, making sure it would have plenty of bedrooms and a gigantic kitchen so I could invite everyone who'd wanted to----to come for a spell, buy a big Airstream for for travel eveywhere we wanted to go, and make sure we had computers that would work in the Airstream.

While doing all this traveling, I could stop and see what kids in various hospitals would need---be it operations or toys that they wanted and their parents couldn't afford.

All these things are stuff I've always wanted to do for years.

• freedom96
    freedom96

Yes, I would spend a lot of money on personal materialistic stuff. But it sure would feel good to help those that need it, and money solves a lot of problems.

• minimus
    minimus

rebuild Beth Sarim.....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit