If You Won $117 MILLION on a Lottery, What Would You Do With It?

by minimus 66 Replies latest jw friends

• razorMind
    razorMind

Pay off all our household debts, bills, etc.

Both of us (me and hubby) would pursue 4-year college degrees full time, and I would make sure our baby's college education is fully paid for. Heck, we might not have any money left over after that.

Buy a house; nothing huge, probably not even 2-story. Something just sized nicely enough for the three of us. In the country. With a nice fenced yard, plenty of trees, and maybe a beagle and a cat.

Buy a brand-new Honda Accord for myself, and get the hubby to purchase one nice new car of his choosing. Make sure the rest is safely saved and put away...then go into total seclusion.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I won't be paying anyone else's debts but our own. I don't have any friends so I won't be spending any on them. One side of my family is rife with spats, quarrels, and decades-long grudges; the other side is rife with insurance scammers, thieves, and shady business dealers. I'm not on cozy terms with any of them; I have made my own way through life sans their help or support. I've always been a tightwad and a cheapskate; I wouldn't change my frugality.

• Golf
    Golf

Though charity begins at home, I would help the people who appreciate being helped.

Guest 77

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

I would put 5 million in an account and live off the interest, I would divide 50 million dollars with my family and friends, and the other 62 million I would put in an interest drawing trust fund of which the proceeds would benefit various anti-jw causes, especially silent lambs. I would also use this money to help former JW's whose life and career choices have been screwed over by the society. I also would rent billboards in every major city along the interstate advertising the silentlambs issue. I would buy a house, a new pickup truck, 2 jet ski's, 2 4-wheelers, a home computer instead of my webtv. I would also use this money and my leisure time to travel across america speaking to all the churches and civic groups about JW's. Dave

• minimus
    minimus

J-G----Talk about putting your money where your mouth is!

• Mulan
    Mulan

Pay off the house, install an in ground swimming pool (we have a huge lot), hire a pool service to take care of it, buy a new car or maybe two new cars, pay in advance for my youngest son's Law School expenses, retire my husband, and travel, travel, travel in the winter. In the summer you would find me down at the pool. I would probably give most of it to my kids.

That's just off the top of my head, as fast as I could type it.

Maybe I would buy a new house with a pool already there. But I would hire someone to move me. I hate moving.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Yeah, I think about this stuff all the time, and another thing i would do is buy tv commercials for silentlambs and other JW issues. i would also travel around to various apostafests and XJW conferences. I would buy several newspaper ads, and even some advertising in national magazines. wow!, now what if undaunted danny and I teamed up? why we could really hit the watchtower society hard

Dave

• Mary
    Mary

I'd give my family and friends all a couple million each. I'd set up some scholarships for students to get a good education. I'd donate to charities, help people out of abusive relationships, pay for their education; I've always wanted to volunteer with some place like Habitat for Humanity.

I would also get even with everyone who has ever pissed me off.

• fraidycat9
    fraidycat9

Bank most of it. Dole out funds *anonymously to those who I think are truly needy. Keep working until the fun of doing it is gone.

*this is important. Once the vultures find out you have cash, they'll keep coming.

• Corvin
    Corvin

I would buy the WTBTS Inc and print new publications apologizing for all the lies and destruction caused by the society's previous CEO's. I'd set the record straight and expose everything I could find documentation on. I'd dispurse the great crowd and then level effing Bethel.

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

$117 MILLION
    Jesus Christ ! it's just obscene to win so much money ! ...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit