Fresh wave of sadness

by czarofmischief 38 Replies latest jw friends

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Just wanted to check in and let everybody know that I'm feeling a lot better than I was when I started this thread

Really pleased to hear that

• Country_Woman
    Country_Woman
    just wanted to check in and let everybody know that I'm feeling a lot better than I was when I started this thread Really pleased to hear that.

Me too, Is your colour a bit better too ? that blue is'nt showing very healthy to me.

• wednesday
    wednesday

Czar,

glad u are feeling a bit better. Taking control of your self talk will help. If u realize u are saying negative things to yourself, don't let it stand. turn that neg self talk into positive . it is not easy at first, but it really does help. don't let neg thoughts continue, it will breed depression.

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

HEY DAN THE MAN. I THINK OF MYSELF AS SOMEWHAT OF AN INTELECTUAL PERSON AND A CONSERVATIVE.

BUT I AM NOT AN ABUSIVE OR NASTY PERSON. I FIND YOUR COMMENT TO BE HATEFUL AND UNNECESSARY.

MY APOLOGIES TO CZAR FOR BLAMING HIM FOR THIS POST.

I FOUND MY ERROR ABOUT THE SAME TIME AS ANOTHER POSTER ALERTED ME. THANKS AVISHAI FOR YOUR HELP.

GLAD TO SEE YOU ARE DOING BETTER CZAR.

Outoftheorg blushes and scampers away.

• avishai
    avishai

Um, outoftheorg? I believe Czar IS relatively conservative. He did'nt make the comments you are referring to, it was Dantheman who said conservatives are abusive and nasty.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Czar!

I'm SO glad to hear that "this too HAS passed!" and that you are feeling better. I can't speak for everybody, but I think most of us go through similar bad patches at one time or another.

It usually helps to find supporting comments and verbal hugs when one is going through these emotionally rough times----despite how some others may see the person who is suffering. In cases such as these, it's like "Thumper the Bunny' said in "Bambi"----"if ya can't say something nice.....don't say anything at all".

Smart stuff for a Bunny.........

hugs,

Annie

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

No, dork, if I meant Francois, I would have said Francois.....................

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan
    No, dork, if I meant Francois, I would have said Francois.....................

Ouch! I've been served. I typed out my initial response to this thread and hovered and hovered over the "submit" button. I shouldn't have, but another (typical) bad judgement call on my part to click it. My sincere apologies to Czar for my stupidass comments to this thread. I obviously have some self-control issues, and let my emotions get away from me a lot, and have said some pretty nasty things to people on this board myself so it's not like I have any room to talk. I think it's time for me to take a good long break from this board. Oh no I've said too much....

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

dude, don't worry about it. Some of the Czartriol (hee hee) that I've spouted has led to editing by Simon, and even once required a short vacation from this board...

It's all good...

CZAR

PS: Yep, I am conservative; more of a libertarian, really. As far as being intellectual.. well, that's debatable. The czarina would have some choice comments about that

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    Just wanted to check in and let everybody know that I'm feeling a lot better than I was when I started this thread

I'm truly glad to hear this Czar.

Hemingway used to call them "black ass days", those times when sadness and depression overwhelmed him. To me, it's always felt like a pit and climbing out of it sometimes is just too big. Sadness is probably my defining characteristic, so I can really empathize with you. All I can say is interact with people as much as you can stand. Get out of the house. It also helps to talk, either to the lovely Czarina (Tsarina?) or to someone else you trust. Surround yourself with people who care about you and they can help either by listening or just being there.

Still and all, despite all of your efforts, the sadness will probably hit you no matter what. When that happens, and the winds howl around you, hang on tighly to your sweetie. Never make any decision when the sadness come as it will never be the correct one. And realize you are not alone.

Chris

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit