Did you wear your badge outside the convention, so as to "give a witness?"

by truthseeker 38 Replies latest jw friends

• observador
    observador

Absolutely not!

• mineralogist
    mineralogist

I put it on when we left home and put off at coming home again. Had no problem with it. On intl. conventions it was a good habit as you could see the town filled with brothers - conviniently recognized by their badge.

This year the same - i had the badge the whole time at the convention city. We left for shopping (instead of listening to the talks), having a couple of beers, and then returning to get the new brochure.

Maybe we are mentioned in next years km for having fun OUTSIDE the hall

• undercover
    undercover

I didn't wear it before, during or after. I hate name tags. Even in work and social situations, I'll try my darndest to not wear one.

Count me in with the bunch that went straight to the hotel to change clothes after the afternoon session. I never wore "meeting" clothes out after the session. It was interesting to see some of the looks we'd get when more "zealous" types ran into us in the restaurants still in their dress clothes and badges. It ranged from disgusted to envious.

• fraidycat9
    fraidycat9

That's the one thing that I was downright adamant about! I stopped wearing a badge around 1980 or so. When I DID wear a badge, I never wore it in the prescribed fashion and in the prescribed badge holder. I always used a badge holder that I got from some secular convention or other function. And when I DID wear a badge, that sucker came off in the car on the way out. I NEVER wore it out to dinner or anywhere else. Mostly because I didn't want any other witnesses coming up to me, introducing themselves and saying "That was a fine program! Do you not agree? Come, join us for dinner so that we can further discuss the events of the day." (Ugh! as if I hadn't heard enough already) Subconsciously, and now looking back, I think that was the REAL beginning of the end for me. Badges started to mean "label" to me; and I HATE being labeled. Period.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Nope!!!

Once we were back at the hotel, WTBTS outfits came off, in came very comfortable clothing and off to dinner and fun we go! If the hotel has a pool, then it's to the poooooooooooolllllllllllllll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's hard enough enduring the whole day filled with WTBTS crap and redundancy.

DY

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

We usually didn't go anywhere before, during, or after the convention. I just left it on because it was just a trip home from the convention. Actually, I always looked forward to seeing what the badge would look like every year. They should have had tables set up at the convention where your could trade your badges, kinda like trading cards.

I always kept the badges from previous years in my badge holder. Sometimes it was fun to take a badge from 2 or 3 years ago, and put it in front. Yeah, I know. I'm lame.

• Sirius Dogma
    Sirius Dogma

Yes, I wore mine all the time.

It was part of the suit, I would sooner take off my tie, which I never did.

Since I was raised a freak witness by freaks witnesses and only associated with other freaks witnesses I didn't even know people saw me as a witness freak for wearing it.

• Hapgood
    Hapgood

I never wore a badge during the convention, didn't want to put any holes in my fine dresses :-) and I didn't want to scratch my little one with the badge when I would hold her. If I did "wear" a badge I would attach it to my purse. Never wore it outside of the convention either.

Hapgood

• cyber-sista
    cyber-sista

Sometimes--sometimes not--but never at a restaurant. The couple of times I wore a badge in public I remember the looks I got from non-JWs. You could read their faces and tell they were far from being impressed. Those dopey stories about giving a witness to the waitress at the local diner probably came about by reason of the waitress being polite and fishing for a tip.

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

I think I wore mine most of the time. They gave us such a hard time if you didn't wear it.

Badgefree since 1991!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit