What's the closest you've ever been to death? ever think "this is it?"

by doodle-v 52 Replies latest jw friends

• Piph
    Piph

Behold, the power of cheese.

;-)

Seriously, though, it's amazing what so many of you have been through. Really amazing.

• Brownboy
    Brownboy

Well,

I almost bled to death this past March. At that time I asked myself ; would it do any good for me to die at this time? I thought that I needed to accomplish more in my life, and felt that it was not a good time to go. So after heavy deliberation, and review of scriptures based on blood issues, I decided to get a blood transfusion. I felt guilty for awhile, and wondered if I had dissappointed Jehovah with my decision. I then saw a news report on how the JW's were banned in Moscow for promoting suicide among their members by teaching against receiving blood. I felt better thereafter, and hope that my decision was correct..................hopefully it was.

Brownboy

• doodle-v
    doodle-v
    almost drowned in a wet spot one time doodlebug

LMAO, maybe you need some "wetspot swimmin" lessons.

wow, some really amazing stories guys! So glad you guys lived to tell about it.

AlanF, yeah thats about the closest i've come to kickin the bucket too. (knock on wood)

behold the power of cheese

lol, dang it, Piph you beat me to it.

Doodle-V

• glitter
    glitter

WOW, just *WOW* everyone...

Closest I ever came I suppose was I was three and slipped away from my mum and walked straight off the side of a pool into the deep end - I was fully clothed (well sundress and sandals) and went straight under (vividly remember just plunging and seeing bubbles rush past my face). A well-placed teenager grabbed me and pulled me to the surface.

All happened so fast my mum didn't even have time to turn round!

• fraidycat9
    fraidycat9

On the operating table. When I finally realized that what I thought to be the end was near, actually I felt peaceful and ready to go. (Not at all the feeling I expected). After I "came to", I asked how close I was to "checking out". (I wanted to make sure that I was not exaggerating my state). I was told that I was very close. And yes, it did change my life. I figure I'm on 6 years of borrowed time and decided to enjoy the ride. After reading the harrowing stories of what happened to everyone else, I feel very lucky, um,... fortunate, um... blessed ,um..., ALIVE!!!!

• Corvin
    Corvin

I always think, "this is it" when Mary gives me that look.

LOL

Corvin

• Sassy
    Sassy

In 2000 I attempted suicide. I was depressed because my kids were not in my life at the time, and I did some minor sexual foreplay with a brother to which a friend of mine and 'sister' was pressuing me to go to the elders and confess. I was sure I'd be disfellowshipped and so I was ignoring her.. so she called the elders herself.. I begged her to leave me alone as it was more than I could handle at the time but she did any way...

So I drank a bottle of whiskey and swallowed what was left in a bottle of antidepressents (my dr had given them to me for my migraines - ametriptiline sp?) and I wrote letters to the people I loved... each letter made less sense and had fewer words..

then I went to the computer and sent a few people emails or IMs that I had highly respected.. thanking them for being in my life

and then I went to sleep..

for two days I heard the phone ring but it took over a day to realize what the ringing was..

and then I woke up and had to face reality

• Pinned Blouse
    Pinned Blouse

((((((((((((((((((Sassy))))))))))))))))))))

and then I woke up and had to face reality

I am glad you did!

PB

• Sassy
    Sassy

Thanks PB.. It's ironic I posted that yesterday.. I was so upset last night that I was thinking about this incident.. wondering how much easier it would have been if my attempt had worked...

don't be worrying.. I won't be trying it over...

• doodle-v
    doodle-v

(((((Sassy))))

So sorry you went through that anguish, I hope you are doing better now

-Doodle-V

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit