Does anyone know how to microwave eggs?

by ball. 44 Replies latest jw friends

• Gadget
    Gadget

If you want one every morning I'd buy a proper microwave cooker for it. This is one I found on the internet, but you can buy them on market stalls/homeware shops for just a few pound each.

http://store.splashgifts.com/eggwamieggco.html

• ball.
    ball.

Thats a pretty good gadget, Gadget! I'm going to try the re-heating thing tomorrow - If I don't post back, it's because I'm dead!

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Ball,

Sorry, to the best of my knowledge it's impossible to hard boil eggs in the microwave. If you want them hot, peel them on Sunday as well, keep them covered in the fridge, and then warm it up in the microwave in the morning, I imagine 45 seconds to 1.5 minutes will do the trick depending on your microwave.

• Shutterbug
    Shutterbug
    Just peel the shell off of the cold egg and then zap it in the microwave for about 10-15 seconds.... should be warm by then....

At the hotel most of us stayed at during the Apostafest in Dallas at the end of May, they served hard boiled eggs for their breakfast bar.. Two of them literally exploded in the microwave. They had been peeled, (served that way) but don't know rather they had holes poked in them or how long they were heated before blowing up. Sure made a mess in the microwave.

• reboot
    reboot

LMAO at you two...! this is like a 70's cookery show....you both got your aprons on..?!

. Take one out the fridge each morning, shell it standing in my kitchen, smother it in salt and wolf it down.

youve been doing that for a long time ball..youre gonna have a coronary before the food poisoning gets to you lol...back away from the salt...

gadgets busy researching more egg dilemas...he'll be back in a moment after the break,,

• Gadget
    Gadget

I'm back! The food safety websites recommend that you leave the eggs out no longer than 2 hrs without either chilling or reheating them, so they must be safe to reheat. I'd make sure you use commercial eggs that have been pastorised though to cut the risk.

http://www.cfsan.fda.gov/~dms/fs-eggs.html

• Englishman
    Englishman

This is how you make the best eggs.

Tablespoonful of olive oil. Dab of butter. Break eggs into the hot mix, wait 2 mins and drop half a cupful of water into the pan and put the lid on!

Wait 30 seconds, then dish up with, preferably a bed of spinach.

Englishman.

• ball.
    ball.
    ...back away from the salt...

Salt's good for you!!! The more the better!

Mike, you have too much time in the morning!!!

***now over to Gadget for some more egg-citing recipies!***

• TruckerGB
    TruckerGB

Hve you guys never heard of the instant breakfast.

When you crawl out of bed in the morning, and head for the kettle, insead of just putting the kettle on, throw an egg in it, then switch it on.

The time the kettle takes to boil, the egg will be done, just hoik it out of the kettle, fill the tea mug, and there you go.

• ball.
    ball.

OMG Trucker, I'm going to politely refuse coffee in 3 weeks time if you've been cooking eggs in your kettle!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit